cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exempting CVD ( Counterveiling duy ) From the Budget Commitment Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my present project , the Customer is expecting that the CVD Amount for import (account assigned) purchase orders should be exempted from the budget commitment check.

The reason is that the CVD is cenvatable and they get benifit for capital equipments and hence this should not considered in the Budget allocation .

Is there any this can be done thru PS Config? We have not Implemented Funds Management in the Project

Expecting a early reply to this .let me know ,if any more details are required

-Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Further to my earlier posting:

If there is no set-off against CVD (if the enterprise is not producing anything excisable and no modvat etc), it could become an expenditure item. In that event it could be a primary cost element which could figure in commitment.

I am not an expert. This is just for your consideration.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes .Murli and Sreeni

My Present customer is getting exemption for the CVD and the associated cess but with the Present Config ,all these are getting included in the commitment check

Is there any way we can avaoid this ???

Just to add on the above ,In the case of purchase orders for local vendors in India ,where Excise Duty is applicable, Excise duty amount and associated cess are not checked in the Budget Commitment Check

_

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mahesh is right. CVD ought to be BS account and hence should not figure in commitment.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use T Code OPTK-Specify Exempt Cost Elements

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas

CVD will be Balance Sheet Item and For the balance sheet G/L account cannot have Cost Elements.

-Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it's BS GL account, is this value getting added as commitment?

Regards

Sreenivas