cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto scroll to top of page/application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm taking my first steps with Web Dynpro and I've come up against a bit of a problem.

I have a view (on the left of a TLayout90 ViewSet) which contains a Tree object. When a leaf node of the tree is selected I display some related data, in a table, on the top right of the ViewSet.

My problem is that the tree grows quite large and can cause scroll bars on the page; meaning that when the View on the top right is displayed it can be off of the screen to the top. If I open many nodes, forcing myself to scroll down the screen before selecting a leaf node then the View on the top right appears and works fine but I have to scroll back up the page to see it.

Is there any way of forcing the page back to the top after a leaf node is selected so that the resulting table (in the View on the top right of the ViewSet) can be seen?

I don't want to have to write this again from the start as two applications and therefore two iViews on the page with a Tree iView using an event to send the code of the selected TreeNode into the Table iView for display.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

I would suggest you to use ScrollContainer with ViewContainerUIElement inside instead of viewset.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maksim,

I'll have a look into that tomorrow from the office.

The quick fix that I'd thrown on was to request focus to an InputField that I have at the top of the screen, that pulled the page up. It's obviously more of a fix than a solution though.

I'll have a look at the ScrollContainer and ViewContainerUIElement tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,

Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Maksim,

I've tried using the layout that you suggested but I still get the scroll bars adding themselves to the page and not to the TreeView itself.

Do you have any idea what I could be doing wrong?

The idea of adding scrollbars specificaly to the TreeView would be the best solution.

Edit: I see that the height and width parameters are required, now I get scroll bars around the tree.

In the end I didn't use the ViewContainer but simply added the Tree object to the ScrollContainer.

Thanks for your help Maksim.

Patrick.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

Put TreeView to ScrollContainer, set height and width properties of ScrollContainer to appropriate values and set scrollingMode to auto.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski

Answers (0)