cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any body briefly give me some idea on how to implement a rollout project using webdynpro for java and NWDI .

In my project we have to do it for EMEA, APAC and India .

The pilot project has been done for USA .

I had earlier posted the same query in Portal forum but did not get any reply .

Thanks a lot .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jain.

I usualy create 4 types of tracks.

1. BPs from SAP track. Contains SAP standard webdynpros that you might want to change (like ESS/MSS)

2. General functionality track. Contains your generalized code that you want to share in different projects.

3. Project track. Contains the release from a project. Some custom development.

4. Maintenency track. Has no development, only used for transporting assembies from other tracks.

You would set up transports between 1 and 3, 2 and 3, 3 and 4(with sc from 1,2 and 3).

For instance. You could use ESS/MSS with your own modifications. This would go into track type 1. You would also have some custom developed code, depending on your ESS/MSS dc's, developed in track type 3.

Track type 1 and 2 has no runtimesystems setup.

Track 3 would have a development system only in a 3 system landscape (dev, test, prod), and dev and test in a 4 system landscape( dev, test, q, prod).

Track 4 will have runtimesystems test and prod, or q and prod.

In your case I think you should create the following tracks.

Pilot01 track, type 3

MaintUSA track, type 4

MaintEMEA track, type 4

MaintAPAC track, type 4

MaintIndia track, type 4.

Pilot01 would contain version 1 of your pilot. If you want to create a version 2 and concurrently maintain version 1, you just create a new track Pilot02.

Depending on what version you want to rollout where, you just do transports to the corresponding Maintenency track.

MaintUSA would have runtime systems TestUSA, ProdUSA.

Maint EMEA would have runtime systems TestEMEA, ProdEMEA etc.

You could also deploy version 1 of the pilot in EMEA by doing transport from track Pilot01, and at the same time deploy version 2 in USA by doing transport from track Pilot02.

Hope that clarifies something

Regards, Mikael