cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem setting External break point..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using EP6 SP14 and R/3 4.6C. Java Webdynpro aRFCs to connect to R/3 BAPIs. I am having problems setting up external break points. I don't see Debug option in "Utilities -> Settings -> ABAP Editor". Do we have this option in R/3 4.6C? If yes how to enable the option? If no, what is the work around to debug the BAPI through Portal.

Helpful answers will be rewarded.

Regards,

Uday.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

This option is available from ECC 5.0 onwards. I think this option is not available for R/3 4.6C. You can debug like this:

1. You need to debug your front end and backend separately. Or

2. Populate your Return table each time and check them once. Or

3. You can use logs in RFC and print them after each call.

Like this we successfully found what and where the data was missing.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thank you. Can you please explain how did you use RFC logs to resolve your problem. step by step procedure is appreciated.

Regards,

Uday.

Edited by: Naga Uday kasu on Mar 14, 2008 5:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl go through this

Debugging ABAP Code from within Web Dynpro Application

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0e9a9d90-0201-0010-478e-991dbea7...

It explains step by step process

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj,

I am already aware of this procedure, but my R/3 version does not support external break points. My problem needs to be solved by procedure that Siva has mentioned. I am want to know detailed process of doing that ( using RFC logs).

Regards,

Uday.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Actually the RFC logs are created and maintained by our ABAPers (Unfortunately they are not available now). As of my knowledge they used some standard SAP function module. Using this module they printed the required the RFC tables and fields in RFC and then we were able to know which data was missing.

regards,

Siva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga

As Siva suggested you can debug your frontend meaning if you are using Netweaver Developer Studio (NWDS) you can debug your WebDynpro application at runtime. Please look at the following link on how to enable debugging:

Regards

Göran