cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy DC of ESS on portal server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to customize ESS applications (ESS 600) & for this I have imported ESS track from development server in NWDS.

I have even created projects out of the required dcs under ESS SC.

Now I want to deploy the changes on the development server & because of some reasons I cant do that on development server.

Now we have one more server configured for ESS & I just want to know that do we need to configure JDI also on that server?

Is it possible to test my changes on the other server.

Thanks,

Ashwani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maby this thread would help you:

"If you want to use or install the NWDI in order to modify or to use the XSS, you must refer to the PDF Document NWDI Cookbook for XSS. Read the SAP Note Number: 872892 - JDI/NWDI Cookbook for ESS/XSS.."

Regards, Mikael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.Have iven you reward points also.

As per the link send by you, can we have separate JDI server for ESS applications also?

Since ESS applications have dependency on various DCS & all dependent dcs are imported on particular track.

Wont it create a problem while deploying those applications on separate J2ee server where no JDI is configured?

Correct me plz as am new to ESS.

Thanks,

Ashwini

Former Member
0 Kudos

The NWDI (was JDI) is used for

• Version control (DTR)

• Central buildserver (CBS)

• Change Management (CMS)

It should always be installed on a separate machine. Having it installed on the same installation as the portal could generate deadlocks where NWDI update the installation it's running on.

Usually its a good combination to run a central SLD, NWDI and a central NWA on the dedicated machine. Some also run Solman, but NWDI can be pretty demanding on resources, so don't run to much, and make sure to have lots of RAM...

Usually you create two tracks per XSS component and version. I.e. one ESS_sp12_original track and one ESS_sp12_modified track.

Both ESS and MSS are very large, and there can be much truble importing them. So try to keep them as small as possible (one XSS component per track).

Create your own track and do transports from the ESS_modified track to your own track.

I've tried to explain how different tracks can work together in this thread:

Regards, Mikael

Answers (0)