cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zipping the payload using File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a 620 MB xml file, which need to be archived on daily basis.

but the XI server shows 503 service unavailable message, while trying to process the huge file.

also used the Zippayloadbean module in the file adapter, but no luck.

Please suggest on how to archive 620 MB xml file.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please suggest on how to archive huge files such as 620 MB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mk,

if your req is just to archive the 620MB file, it is better not to use XI for it..........just create a batch file/script file for archiving the file using OS commands........then create a executable file for this script file.....then by using OS Scheduling program, just schudule your this executable file.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

My requirement is to archive the file with file name = source file name+timestamp and also to delete the source file after archiving.

Please explain the process to achieve it.

Thank you,

Asif

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are not well versed with shell scripting or batch file concepts, do not worry. Try to do it in C/C++ or even core Java. As Stefan pointed out, XI is not for transfer of files. If there is nothing to do with the content of the file, then do not waste the XI resources.

VJ

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you explain, what exactly you want to do with the file?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi stefan,

I just have a requirement to archive the 620 MB file as is, with in the FTP server everyday.

Please help to achieve these.

Thank you.

MK

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you need XI just for sending a file via FTP?

You could write an OS script for this.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Stefan,

How can we write the OS script to schedule the archiving process everyday at 10 am.

Can't we do that using XI ?

Please suggest.

Thank you.

MK

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check these Mechanisms

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework

/people/aayush.dubey2/blog/2007/10/10/zip-transfer-unzip-increase-the-performance-of-your-java-abap-applications

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mk,

I know that there is a bean for the adapter module that unzips attachments. Have a look if there is a module for zipping.

Zip or Unzip your Payload with the new PayloadZipBean module of the XI Adapter Framework

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework

and check the CASE 2 in this blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/02/08/xipi-command-line-sample-functions

Regards Mario