cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to map a context node to multiple component usages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi have an application APP with 2 used components COMP1 and COMP2.

COMP1 and COMP2 have an interface context node called DATA which is to be shared between COMP1 and COMP2. How should this be done?

So far I could map COMP1.DATA to APP.DATA but when I try to map this from APP.DATA to COMP2.DATA it doesn't work. SE80 says the node is "already mapped". Can I not do multiple mappings and if not, how do I replicate data between shared components with programatically copying data around!?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

in comp1 and comp2 set the property input element ( ext ) for the node ( data ) .

then as u have declared the usage ... for comp1 and comp2 in comp(main) ... go to the interfacecontroller_usage of comp1

( usage) and in that ... declare comp(main) as a usage... so that it will be available for u to map then map the node data of comp1 to the node data of comp(main)........do the same for comp2( usage)........

I hope this will solve ur problem..... for reference search the external context mapping in help.samp.com .

Regards

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yash

It looks like you've done this sort of thing before. I find it confusing however. I followed your steps and got stuck at this point:

go to the interfacecontroller_usage of comp1 ( usage) and in that ... declare comp(main) as a usage

Do you mean that I have to add APP to COMP1 and basically say "COMP1 uses APP"? This seems backwards to me because APP uses COMP1 actually...

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No its doesnt mean that......

It means that the interfacecontroller usage of COMP1 IN COMP needs a usage of COMP to do external mapping....

so in your scenario .

u have declared COMP1 as a used component in COMP say name 'COMP1_USAGE'.

so in COMP go to the component usage in the heirarchy and select the usage COMP1_USAGE and inside this there is a entity called as interfacecontroller_usage click on that... and then in the controller usage add the COMP as usage ..so that the nodes of COMP will be available for mapping.. then do the mapping for the node of COMP1_USAGE with the COMP.

Regards

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yash

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by "COMP". I have referred to 3 components in my question:

1. COMP1

2. COMP2

3. APP

I assumed you mean "APP" when you say "COMP" but this can't be right - you say:

so in COMP go to the component usage in the heirarchy and select the usage COMP1_USAGE and inside this there is a entity called as interfacecontroller_usage click on that... and then in the controller usage add the COMP as usage ..so that the nodes of COMP will be available for mapping.. then do the mapping for the node of COMP1_USAGE with the COMP.

When I go to APP and to the Component Usage -> COMP1 I cannot navigate any further ("Operation not supported by the selected object").

We have SAP_BASIS release 700 level 12 and I'm just not seeing what you describe...

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have to ticked the property Input element ( ext ) in the comp1 and comp2 for the node DATA .... then only u will be available to see the interface controller_usage....

Regards

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Input Element (ext)" for the node DATA in the COMP1 and COMP2 is (and was) checked.

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Component Usage -> COMP1 then right click and select the create controller usage.

inside Component Usage -> COMP1 u will be able to see the interfacecontroller_usage .

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is the non-obvious step I was missing!!

Thanks

Marc

Answers (0)