cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close a sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have received an order for 1000 pieces out which i have delivered him 999 pieces , and i am not going to deliver the remaining 1 piece to him due to various resaon like transpor....... etc , but even after a month i see that the order is pending, how to close it i have to close it without doing any modications in the sales order, how to to do it pls help ?

rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

As you said it out of 1000 peices , only 999 peices are being delivered , i suppose it should not be an regular process and it should be a rare case. so as you dont want to change anything in sales order, 1st solution is either you go to va02 and put a reason for rejection and close it and the 2nd solution is that item category TAN , there is completion rule field ,put B and then create a sales order. for 1000 peices and deliver only 999 peices so once you deliver 999peices the order will get closed.

Reward points if useful

let me know if worked . if any other solution worked also let me knw.

Regards

Srinath

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What ever you want do to the order you have to do in change mode only.You can't change the status of order. if you want to make that complete then go to order and change the QTY to 999 in order and save.

Hope it will be help ful.

Sreedhar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear rakesh

Go to VA02 and select the line item. Now on top there is a tab "Reason for rejection". Assign any reason and save. Now you can see in document flow the status would have been changed.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u laxmi kanth

ur answer was good and helpful , but if we go to VA02 it means that again we are going to the sales order screen and changing i dont want to go there and do is there any other option for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't want to go to VA02 t-code (the only option), the unique alternative is to define another status scheme into SPRO order item.

Or by an exit, and a Z table, fix the conclusion status when your shipments goes over 95% of material ordered (for example).

But this solution has the problem that no always you will want the status at complete at this cases. Sometimes you will want the order incomplete....

Again, go to VA02 and change the qty.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear rakesh

I am sure, this is not a regular process. Then in that case, you can certainly select the sale order and do what I had suggested

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

ps:- b4 posting, please check whether the name of the person you are addressing to, is spelled correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya actually while typing i missed some word , that why the name has gone, but as asked by you here 90% of the item goes this way only some small qty will be lying pending .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The nearest possible way is to "Reject the line item", the order will get closed.

You may need to maintain the explanation for the same, maintain text for the same. This should contian 'why it was rejected'. OItherwise, at the time of audit, they may raise this issue.

Prase

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried to recreate your scenario, and created an order for 10 items, of which i delivered and billed 9 of them

after that i just created a delivery for 1 item. the order seems to be closed not. however then the delivery would remain open, its the classic catch 22 situations. actually this is controlled by copy control and can't think of any other option to use

Regards

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh, seems to be a tricky situation. You can either create a delivery for the remaining one item and block it / reject it and chekc if the documtn is getting compelete.

Regards