cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge several fields into one Input structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a simple problem: I want to merge several fields from several selection views into one Input structure. For example: Fields D1 and D3 from View V1 and fields D2 and D4 from View V2 into the Input structure I1 (D1, D2, D3, D4) of a data service (RFC function) with one 'SUBMIT'.

I tried it directly, with a union operator (with key marked, without key marked) and a switch. But nothing works as intent: Again and again surprise which fields will be ignored for the selection.

The combine operator are not available in my system (VC7.1 in NWCE)!? Are there examples for that problems?

(Please help, I near a heard attack, cause it seams to be so simple;-)

Thanks, Bernd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

as far as I understand your problem you want to call a data service with input from different form views. You need to connect the data service with the form view where the event (e.g. submit) is triggered. Then click on the connection line and choose map data. There you can assign values to the input parameters of the data service. Using the fx button -> define expression -> data fields you can select all fields of the different form views.

Hope that helps,

Kevin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kevin,

that what I have done before. But now I add to every connection also the mapping of datafields of the other connection: Many work, but now it seems right working. Is this really neccessary?

Regards Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

It is not necesary to connect each form view to the data service. You just need one connection and therefore you need to map the input values just once. The connection must be between the data service and the form where you trigger the submit event. Alternatively you can name the event *submit and trigger the data service from any form view whether or not it is connected to the data service.

Regards,

Kevin