cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Split and Preferred Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on SRM 5, in Extended Classic Scenario.

I add a service item in my Shopping Cart by using the describe requirement in transaction BBPSC03, I assign a Preferred Vendor to this item and I duplicate it by using the Copy button.

When I order the Shopping Cart, this gives me 2 Purchase Orders? I don't understand why because the 2 items are identical. Is there something in the customizing which has to be set up? I would like to have only one Purchase Order created if items are identical.

Thanks for your help,

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if BADI BBP_GROUP_LOCAL_PO is implemented with any business specific logic.

Regards

Kasee Palaniappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help,

We have no BADI implemented. The link provided seems to be very usefull. I give you points.

Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

The preferred vendor is not the assigned vendor. SO the vendor needs to be assigned during the sourcing.

As far as splitting is concerned check whether any BADI is active like BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI where split criteria is maintained.

Please check the related thread and the OSS notes mentioned in it for better understanding of the issue.

Hope this makes you more clear and helps in resolving the issue.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not have an exact answer to this. I will give it a shot.

A preferred vendor is not the final vendor to whom the PO will be ordered. So, the purchaser can infact change the vendor in the PO. Maybe, there are different contracts maintained for the 2 different items with different vendors (because you have given only a description and not the product id).

Regards

Saravanan

Please award if useful