cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Landscape?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

(Q1). I’m new to SAP XI and recently I’ve attended an interview with an MNC. There the interviewer asked to draw complete system landscape (all systems which are integrated with XI). I told him that I’ve configured JDBC, File (with content conversions), IDOC, RFC and SOAP adapters. I need a sample system landscape wherein I can show all the systems involved in configurations and it shud cover all the above mention adapters. In which scenario we use JDBC adapter……I

(Q2). In a system landscape do we maintain a single File server or every system will have there own file servers. If only a single file server exists then how we can configure file2file scenario using RFC?

(Q3). In which scenario we use JDBC adapter….I mean can we send the data directly to DB lets say SQL Server without using any front-end applications.

Thanks in advance

Faisal

Points will be given to the correct answers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi abdul,

for covering all adapters

u need 3 system

1)SAP r/3 system(RFC,IDOC)

2)any third party system for webservice say Enterprise Portal system(SOAP)

3)one Oracle System(JDBC)

(Q2). In a system landscape do we maintain a single File server or every system will have there own file servers. If only a single file server exists then how we can configure file2file scenario using RFC?

System Landscape refers to the systems u r integrating in ur organization.

for example in our organization we are integrating SAP r/3 which carries "XYZ" data and we need to reflect this data in oracle database too.

so in this scenario we are integrating SAP system with Oracle.

our landscape consist of 2 systems one is SAP and other is Oracle.

sometimes it also refers to DEV QAS and PRD systems of XI .

in ur case we can have multiple file servers it depends,

if single file server exists then we can do file to file scenarion on the same server like get one file from one folder and dump to another folder.

and from where RFC has come

RFC is used to integrate SAP system with other systems

think he was trying to misguide u.

(Q3). In which scenario we use JDBC adapter….I mean can we send the data directly to DB lets say SQL Server without using any front-end applications.

yes in this case we use JDBC when we want to hit database directly without any front end application.

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Krishna

Edited by: rama krishna talluri on Mar 12, 2008 10:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

suppose i've a scenario where in data is send from a file server to R/3 which calls a BAPI and response is send to another file server..................

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

File server are still configured as virtual system in SLD right....you need to give opne logical name for each fiel server and use it.....suppose one as Sales order data and other also same name but the purpoes will be differenet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz send me a sample system landscape

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Q1. What you answered is how you communicated with the different systems in landscape, to explain the systems in landsacape you should explain the systems present and functional use and how flow in going considering any 1 interface

For Ex: JDBC, FILE, RFC, IDOC SOAP

YOu should tell, you have one system running on the database Oracle which is storing the XYZ data.

one fiel system XYZ1 from which other applications picks data

one SAP ECC (EX) and one systems ex java application or .NET application which is publishing the webservice....

now explain file to RFC or IDC scenario

(Q2). Single file system or mulitple it depsnds on the standrd you follow while desinging as ther are locgical definnitaion in SLD doesnt matter single or multiple...but as standard we maintained one file system representing each business data

(Q3). to connect to any data base from XI we use the JDBC adapter, this is not using any front end to update the data into DB