Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM : Offline approval process

former_member628175
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm working on SRM 5.0 . We want to send mail to users outlook/blackberry for their approval. We have scheduled a report RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP periodically. The users do get mail in their inbox. But when they reply to the mail the workitem status does not get updated. We have scheduled RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL for this purpose but still the problem exists.

Is there any setting / configuration that needs to be done ?

Thanks,

Shounak ..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We managed to get the RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL working, but it only worked when executed by user who received approval the emails into the SAP Inbox i.e. WF-BATCH.

Hope this helps

Daniel

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shounak,

First, did you check all OSS notes dealing with report RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL ?

When you scheduled report RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL, did you set or not parameter "CH_SENDER" ?

If yes, be sure that e-mail address at whom approval mail is sent by SAP is the same that sending e-mail address when approving or rejecting Shopping Cart or Purchase Order.

Regards.

Laurent.

former_member628175
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent ,

Thanks for your reply. I did not check OSS notes as of now becos I wanted to make sure there are no configuration settings that are remaining .

While running batch job we have set the CH_SENDER also the email addresses are same.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaunak,

Please refer to the note: 1049143

Thanks

former_member628175
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

We are already ahead of that support package.

Any other input ?

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again Shounak,

If all is OK with OSS notes dealing with reports RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP and RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL and Support Package, please have a look at information below.

SMTP service setup must be checked. For this, refer to OSS note 455140 - "Configuration E-mail, fax, paging/SMS via SMTP".

As report program RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP, which creates e-mail notification, is already scheduled, there should not have to configure this step.

Nevertheless, SAPConnect administration wil have to be managed to allow SAP inbox mailing.

So, it will be necessary to setup incoming e-mail (use inbound processing transaction SO50 )

You should have one row with values:

- Communication type = Internet mail,

- Recipient address = *,

- Document Class = ICS,

- Exit Name = CL_APPOINTMENT_REPLY,

- Call Sequence = 1.

Moreover, check that user whom execute both reports (he is a system user) receives correctly inbound mail in his Business Work Place ( SBWP transaction when connected with the user in SAP GUI).

For this, check with report RSBCSIN.

Workitem status will not be updated by this system user but by a dialog user whom will process e-mails.

So, you have to forward all mails that reach the inbox of your system user to this other user: use transactions SO36.

Finally, if all this is not enough, you will have to debug report RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL.

Regards.

Laurent.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi laurent

processing of incoming emails at offline approval - CL_BBP_SMTP_INBOUND_OFF.

studhy Yassob Mohamed and Day Article.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10dfad5a-5398-2b10-568b-d3d999d4...

when do we use CL_APPOINTMENT_REPLY exit Laurent?

regards

Muthu

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Muthuraman,

I think exit name to use depends on which report is scheduled in your SRM system.

For SRM 4.0, only RSWUWFMLEC is available and exit name CL_BBP_SMTP_INBOUND_OFFAPP does not exist. So, you have to use exit name CL_APPOINTMENT_REPLY.

For SRM 5.0, reports RSWUWFMLEC or RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP can be scheduled.

As a consequence, i think if you use first one, you need to use exit name CL_APPOINTMENT_REPLY whereas if it is RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP, you have to manage SO50 transaction with exit name CL_BBP_SMTP_INBOUND_OFFAPP.

Regards.

Laurent.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks much laurent .I appreciate your reply

regards

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you see the reply in SCOT-UTILITIES-INBOX OVERVIEW? .. And did you create secodary user to forward the workitem from WF-BATCH inbox?..here is link will help you to drive this issue..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/EN/31/ec423b4ac8d506e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

john..