Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I access to the data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am newbie in WebDynpro.

The WebDynpro is deployed in WAS. The WAS, I think, can be installed together to a R/3 or not. Is it correct?

How do I access to data in my web dynpro? RFCs? SELECTS? Web Services?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi......

Well it is not necessary ti install WAS always with your NWDS, NWDS can be installed separately and then the projects created in NWDS can be deployed in one WAS as long as you know the SDM password of that WAS. This i guess answers your first question. TO deploy your webdynpro project in one was, open the NWDS,

Window>preferences>SAP J2EE engine

There you can enter the name of the WAS. IF it Local Server, Select "SAP J2EE engine is stored on local host". For more information right back.

Now to connct to backend from Webdynpro,

You have use "ADAPTIVE RFC's" or BAPI. But before that the JCO(java connectors have to be configured).

Follow the link below, for Adaptive rfc, it is a pdf which gives everything in detail

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/user-interface-technology/webdynpro/wd%20java/wdjava%20archive/creating%20a%20web%20dynpro%20application%20accessing%20abap%20functions.pdf]

Foe webservice,

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/301ff0bb-74ca-2910-fa99-eae392695aad]

For further queries, write back

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done some BSP examples and I see that I can use SELECT directly. Is it possible with WebDynpro?

What is SDM password of a WAS? Is a password needed to deploy applications in the WAS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have no idea about BSP....

However, to your query, actually SDM is the software deployment manager.Now the Development projects created in the NWDS nees to be deployed in the Software Deployment Manager for that WAS. So to deploy that, you have to know the SDM password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Importing an adaptive RFC, it creates the java proxies. When the transport is done, how it's specified the R/3 to use? In the time to import, the R/3 will be a dev-R/3, but later will be a prod-R/3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you gone through the link i provieded carefully???

There everything is given in details.

To access the rfc of another WAS. JCO has to configured (Model_data and rfc_metadata). Through Models(Model VIew Interphase(mvi) paradigm, this thing can be understood.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You can access data by means of:

-adaptive RFC model (most used)

=> You import a model that is based on the RFC FM/BAPI. In that FM/BAPI you can set importing & exporting parameters. Based on the importing/exporting parameters, you can then define UI elements which will be filled with values. (simple explanation)

I suggest you take a look at the webdynpro tutorials or at course JA310.

Other possibilities to access data:

-adaptive web service model

-webdynpro model from UML

-javabean model