cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base Unit vs. Order Unit in ECS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We are using SRM 5.0 connected to an ECC 6.0 backend system, using Extended Classic Scenario.

I have the following scenario and would ask if this is normal behavior or if you have encountered the same and fixed it somehow...

In ECC, let's say material 12345 exists with both base unit = Piece and Order unit = Pack.

The material has a conversion factor of 1 Pack = 30 units.

So, let's say someone creates a requisition in ECC for this material and orders 300 units.

The ECC requisition gets transfered to SRM and creates a shopping cart for the same 300 units and sent to SOCO. So far, so good.

Now, when the purchaser creates a PO, it stays as 300 units, and gets replicated to R3 with the same information. What I think it should do (as it correctly does if I had taken the requisition in R3 and created a PO in the same system) is create a PO, but the quantity and units should be 10 packs (order unit). This, because the vendor does NOT sell in units, but packs!

I have verified the replicated material in SRM and everything seems fine: i can see the base unit, order unit and conversion factors. Is there something that I might have missed?

Regards,

Gilberto Gallardo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue was solved applying SAP note # 1091491.

However, the price does not change, even though the unit of measure does.

Regards,

Gilberto Gallardo