cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I get a DBMCLI session in SAP WAS 6.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Howdy All,

I've installed SAP WAS 6.20 on windows: SAP DB, and am having trouble when I get to the post-installation activity - "Open a command prompt and start a DBMCLI session."

Searching my entire drive the only place I find the command is in the temporary folder that stores one of the cds from the install.

Do you know how I can open a DBMCLI session?

I've installed a Central System.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thats the <b>D</b>ata<b>B</b>ase <b>M</b>anager <b>C</b>ommand <b>L</b>ine <b>I</b>nterface.

Very good documentation at http://www.sapdb.org/7.4/htmhelp/default.htm

(then goto "Database manager CLI..").

Cheers,

Andi

Message was edited by: Andreas Appelbaum

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

I installed the DBMCLI from the cd...but I'm not sure that I actually have the database installed. The install guide doesn't make it clear. I think I've installed a central system exactly as the guide says. And the guide says a central system has a central instance and a database instance. The guide also says "SAPinst installs the SAP DB database software automatically during the installation."

- Do you know if the actual database (sapdb) is installed as part of the SAP Web Application Server 6.20 on Windows: SAP DB, or if I need to do a seperate installed of the database software.

- I'm also wondering if the J2EE Engine is installed as part of this install or if its a seperate install.

Thanks.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Joe,

an ABAP system is existing in a database. Without one it is just not there. A standard installation of 6.20 should not include J2EE engine. You have to install it separately.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Benny,

however when I look in the SAPMMC I don't see a database.

In the sneek preview of the SAP WAS 640 SAPMMC I can see three items..database an item ending in a "0" and an item ending in a "1".

In the SAP WAS 620 SAPMMC there is only one item ending in a "0" (although it does have more sub items).

Should the database show up in the SAPMMC for 620?

Thanks

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Nevertheless there should be one.

Please look for a blue tube icon in the tree.

If it's not there I recommend to visit the manuals as it shoulkd be there.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm, been through the manual again and again and can't see what I've done wrong.

I've decided to try to install SAP WAS 620 with MS SQL SERVER 2000 now...now I just need to find the right version of SAPinst...the only one I seem to have is for SAP DB.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ooops, sorry, I somehow implied you were using 6.40. Of course in 6.20 there will be no DB in the management console. Sorry for that.

You should follow the advices given in direction of the database.

Regards,

Benny