cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg. Sales Office and the Sales Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could some one explain me what is the significance of the Sales office and the Sales Group.

Regards,

Sen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi senthil

This is another view for using sales office and sales group

As u know already sales office is the location where all the sales related activites will be handled and it shld be assigned to a sales area. Sales office will be having sales group which is a group of sale people. I think u are clear abt this

If we take an eg of professional couriers , the head office will be some where in each and every state eg. Bangalore. You can think it as sales org and in bangalore u may have sales office in jayanagar, marthali & bommanhalli (3 areas).

If u enter the sales office while creating order for a particular customer (where he is located), then it will be easy to identify all the customer names in a part sales office.(eg for reporting purpose ) and also if u want to give incentive for the sales reps in a part sales office basing on their performance , you can make use of the sales office and sales group

I hope the explanation is clear

Regards

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sales office : Physical location of the sales offices..

This will be assigned to sales area...

this will be used mainly in reporting..

Sales group : group of people worked for sales in sales office. nothing but sales team.

Assigned to sales office..

used mainly in reporting

Muthupandiyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will give you an example

Say you have a project called "Delhi International Airport Limited - DIAL" for which a customer wants to book a service (say if in advertising industry - order a billboard for putting ad's inside delhi airport).

So in this case your project location is Delhi.

But you have a customer who is sitting in Mumbai and wants to order for that billboard in Delhi airport.

In this case while booking an order, you will put Sales Office as Mumbai. In short, sales office is where the customer is located.

If the Customer was from Delhi, ordering billboard in Delhi Airport, then the Sales Office would have been Delhi.

Regarding Sales Group, its basically a group of people responsible for targeting particular verticals against one sales office. In SD customizing you asign your sales group to your Sales Office.

Now in this scenario, you can people looking after billbaords , or say LED's.

So in this case you can have two sales group, like Billboards and LED's

So pertaining to the earlier example , your sales office will be Mumbai for client ordering from Mumbai for Delhi Airport Billboard and Your sales group here would be Bilboard.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi could u plzz tell r u working in DIAL project...

Regards

Jayanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not working on DIAL project.

I am working on some other project, where DIAL is one of the vendors.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

R u working for siemens.....

Please dont use Project name over here in the threads...

And the scneros also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sales Office:

Geographical aspects of the organization in business development and sales are defined using the term sales office. A sales office can be considered as a subsidiary. A sales office establishes contact between the firm and the regional market.

also we can say sales office defines:

Typically defines a territory or market area

Linked to one or more Sales Areas

Optional organization structure

Sales Group The staff of a sales office may be subdivided into sales groups. For example, sales groups can be defined for individual divisions.

It is a Sub-division of a sales office, territory or market

Edited by: WISH on Mar 12, 2008 7:21 AM