cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back Dated Entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we need to enter the back dated Sales orders, create deliveries , issue goods, & invoice them, all in the previous dates. What we checked is everything is going fine but for only the posting to FI, is not happening. They want the posting also to happen in the previous date.

I want someone to please help me regarding this. As its very urgent.

Thanks & Regards!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to post document to previous period, you need to reopen the old period back using MMPV.

Else you can post old document into the current period as the posting date is already over in your current period.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to open the FI posting period in OB52. As this is crucial, please discuss with your FI consultant ,and ask him to do it. Then you should be able to post the documents for which the posting period is open.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply as usual.

The period is in the current itself. i.e. march. What they want is to just post on the previous date. For example on 1st march.

PLease guide me

Thanks & Regards!!

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rish,

For your case, posting in FI also happen. If you encounter any problem, please specify the error you are getting so that people can guide you further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navneeth,

There is a problem with schedule line in the sale order now.

While creating the sales order, i changed the requested delivery date to previous date, say 01.03.2008,

but the system is proposing the delivery date for current date that is todays date. 12.03.2008.

Waiting for the reply

Thanks & Regards!!

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rish,

You cannot have a confirmed schedule line date in the past. This date refers to teh delivery date and it is not meaningful to create a sales order today and give the RDD as yesterday. So past date should not be given for RDD. The system behaviour in this aspect is correct.

Pls lemme know if you need some more information

You can reward points if your queries are answered.