cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution of GOA in srm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When we try to distribute contracts with services from SRM to R/3 system . we are getting the error as

"Error in number allocation for service items (NRO : BBP_SRV)".

How to resolve this issue.

Regards

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashis

check product category product type as "SERVICE" in the item data . so you are getting this error message.

0 Kudos

Thanks, I was able to change category to "Material" and the error was resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

I had similar issue and was resoved by SAP note 1275400 , Please try this and let me know if it works for you.

Manoj Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

finally got resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you resolve error message "Error in number allocation for service items (NRO: BBP_SRV)". Am encoutering this error message.

Regards,

Goithoma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

We have also same issue, IDOc is getting generated for material but for services its not processing because of the same issue in "Error in number allocation for service items (NRO:BBP_SRV).

your help will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Deepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Check if the NRO BBP_SRV is also defined in R/3. I think you can check this in SPRO (cross application components --> SAP Product --> Settings for Product Type).

Regards

Saravanan.

Please award if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Ashish's colleague.

Thanks for your answers. We can not even see the idocs are they're not generated. The service master exist in ERP, is it's not the problem. When I try to maintain the number range, I got the following error:

No basis hierarchy for product type 02

Message no. COM_PRODUCT559

And have to go out. Help will be appreciated

regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

Please try making entry of the number range in the table NRIV for the object BBP_SRV.

Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I do not think that making direct entries in tables is a good idea. We need to understand it first.

kind regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I understand your concern..

But i checked in the R/3 system , for the contract transfer to R/3 BBPV_contract_transfer FM is called.

inside that there are 2 form routines FORM subpackno_get, and FORM packno_get

inside this Form routine FM "Number_get_next" is called where we pass hard coded object name as "BBP_SRV". So, probably no values are maintained for this particular object the system throws error.

MESSAGE e006(bbp_be_ctr) INTO lv_message.

Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

As far as I understand, this error is thrown during the execution of NUMBER_GET_NEXT. Message class is BBP_BE_CTR and message number 006.

As I see, when the NUMBER_GET_NEXT is called the object is always passed as BBP_SRV and it couldn't find an entry and hence the error.

In the form routine e1edc20_map, the form routines packno_get and subpackno_get are called. In this case, NUMBER_GET_NEXT is called inside these form routines.

if sv_packno is initial AND
           sv_subpackno is initial.
* the service packet was not created before. do it now (whether create
* or change mode)
          PERFORM packno_get
            USING
              iv_langu
              is_header
            CHANGING
              sv_packno
              ct_return
              cv_error_flag.

PERFORM subpackno_get
            USING
              iv_langu
              is_header
            CHANGING
              sv_subpackno
              ct_return
              cv_error_flag.

You can possibly check this part with the data you have to see why it happens. It would be easier if you can debug through this.

In addition to checking if you need to add that entry, you can also check if this part of code is behaving as you expect it to.

Regards

Saravanan.

Please award if useful

Edited by: Saravanan Sadasivan on Mar 12, 2008 11:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It may seem easy from technical point of view, meaning, if number is needed, we need to add entry to the table. I agree, we can try it just to see if this the right direction but I think that the problem is more complex. I was looking at the customizing on R/3 side and this number range is located in SAP Product SPRO branch and I guess that the whole config is used when you upload product and prod. categories from external system to ERP but we do not do it in our scenario. I understand that system somehow assumes that we try to upload a product to our system, which is wrong assumption. Now we have to find out why. For materials it works fine, so why for services it fails? Maybe I will just go to OSS and create a message but first, I will try to add an entry to NRIV.

best regards,

Robert

p.s. I can not give points here as it's not mine thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

Pls be careful in creating number range either it should be same maintained in SRM or altogether differnt number range because it should not have conflict with the number range.

Also, to be very clear you can ask your technical expert to debug the program and you also will be confident in the solution.

Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please also check the SAP note no. 852469

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

The note did not help, nor adding an entry to NRIV table did. I have created message with OSS support now and will update this thread here when I got some information.

kind regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

It would be very useful if you can share the solution when your problem is solved in the OSS.

Thanks

Saravanan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Do you have news about the OSS that you have opened to solve this problem. I have the same problem with a R/3 4.70 and it's urgent for me to know if there are some solutions to solve it.

I'm searching to SAP Service for it but until now I don't found nothing.

Thanks and regards

Cosimo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

In reference to the info. provided by you it is difficult to tell what exactly is the issue.

Please check the Application Monitors using RZ20 and error logs using SLG1 for better understanding of the issue.

As it has occured during distribution please check the IDOC for getting a clear picture about the error using WE05 / 09 txn in R/3.

Is that service backend one or a local one ? If thats is a local one R/3 can not recognize that service as no Service master exists for that service in R/3.

Please look into the above points and let us know to help you furtehr in this regard.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja