cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could any one send me step by step documentation on LSMW.

my mail id is cmmanoja@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hiya

Please find a link for a document having complete Step by step process for LSMW.

[LSMW.PDF|http://sapsdtech.googlegroups.com/web/lsmw.pdf?gda=Q1ifwzsAAABhyxSjSQZnzRMzLi3o-QiTTdH_q0pbtbGXRZCaihS18qEfD8gizBqda3A8nb_OSke6iHpDGTiL9e8gI4yXdcbV]

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manoja

Check this link

[LSMW|http://www.sapbrainsonline.com/TOOLS/LSMW/SAP_LSMW_steps_introduction.html]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i did d same process wat u hav send...but in d step 'Display imported data' im getting ##### in object column.

how to rectify it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check ur Excel Sheet, check wether all data is incoporated in the same field.

While copying to Note pad also plzz chech wether it is copied correctly or nor.

Regards

jayanth

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manoja

Can you please let me know in LSMW, in which of the following, you faced the problem

1 Maintain Object Attributes

2 Maintain Source Structures

3 Maintain Source Fields

4 Maintain Structure Relations

5 Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rules

6 Maintain Fixed Values, Translations, User-Defined Routines

7 Specify Files

8 Assign Files

9 Read Data

10 Display Read Data

11 Convert Data

12 Display Converted Data

13 Create Batch Input Session

14 Run Batch Input Session

Also please let me know what you are trying to upload (Customer Master / Material Master ??)

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have completed upto 'specify files'...uploading customer master...

plz tel me wat u hav to do in excel sheet?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manoja

It seems in "Specify files", the converted data text is too long and that could also be one of the reasons for your issue. So again go to specify files and execute. Now you will have a screen wherein you can see

a) Imported Data and

b) Converted Data

Double click on Converted Data so that the respective text will flow with editable option. Try to minimise the text and now retry.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoja,

There could be several reasons.

1) Try saving the excel file in text format preferrably on your computer C drive

2) Secondly when you are on step 7 - Specify Files , make sure when you upload your text file, if you have clicked on Tabulator and also if you have used field names at start of the file, if you have you need to check that option.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

LEGACY SYSTEM MIGRATION WORKBENCH (LSMW)

LSMW is a collection of projects (SAP). Project is a collection of subprojects. Subproject is a collection of objects.

Steps:

1. Maintain object attributes: In this step we assign transaction code for the LSMW using a records object.

2. Maintain source structures: In this step we need to define an internal table for getting data from flat files into SAP application.

3. Maintain source files: In this step we need to add fields for the structure created in step2.

4. Maintain structure relations: n this step SAP generates a relation between the created internal table (ITAB) and the recording object

5. Maintain field mapping & Conversion Rules: In this step we need to generate the relationship between the internal table and recording object field.

6. Maintain Field Values: This is optional step for LSMW. We can use the SAP generated default values.

7. Specify Files: In this step we specify the file to be extracted for BDC processing using LSMW

8. Assign Files: In this step SAP generates the relation between the Flat File assigned in Step7 and internal table defined in Step2.

9. Import Data: In this step SAP Reads the data from assigned file into ITAB (internal table) internally SAP creates a file with extension as ……….. .lsmw.read.

10. Display Import Data: Data in ITAB will be displayed as Report in this step. Report data will be in yellow color as data is in between source and recording objects.

11. Convert Data: In this step data will move from table to recording object. Internally SAP transfers the data from “LSMW.Read” file into “LSMW.Conv:. Data in this file is ready for populating data into BDC session object.

12. Display Converted Data: Data in Recording object will be displayed as report in this step. Here Report should be in green color.

13. Create Batch Input Session: Based on Recording object data SAP creates a session object and transfers the data into the session object.

14. Run Batch Input Session: Opens “SM35” transaction Code to Process BDC session object.

Hope it helps u... if helpful assign points

Regards,

Rajesh Banka