cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File not getting picked up by the FTP Adapter.............URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created simple File to File scenario to archive a xml file of size 640 MB with in a FTP server.

I monitored the channel for 2 hrs, it started but didn't picked the source file.

Is it because of the huge file size?

Please give your valuable suggestion, to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

MK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course, the file size seems to be the problem. But please try other small file as suggested by Raj.

I would suggest to run OS command at file sender to split the files into several smaller files and make XI to pick those smaller files

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First try to check the ftp parameters and if that is fine then check the sender Communication channel and it shows success, and the file is not been picked up then try to delete the existing file and put a file with a lesser size and check whether the scenario is working or not.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes Of course I believe size is the problem. Just to confirm it , can u delete the file and place the file with very less size and check whether it's picking or not?

raj..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First Check the following

1) Check the Communication monitoring and check the status of file adapter.

2) Check the directory path and the configuration details which is mentioned in the file addapter.

3) Check the filrewall is there?

4) Check the message in SXMB_MONI.

5) go to cmd command prompt and type ping and the ip address of FTp server and check whether it is responding or not?

then try this weblog:

Processing huge file in XI

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario was working fine before with the small files.

Error details in the communication channel monitoring( for the sender adapter):

error 12/03/08 04:54:12 <message id> Retry interval started. Length: 3660.0 seconds

12/03/08 04:33:40 Processing started

error 12/03/08 04:32:23 <message id> Retry interval started. Length: 3660.0 seconds

12/03/08 04:20:22 Polling interval started. Length: 3660.0 seconds

12/03/08 04:20:22 Processing finished successfully

12/03/08 04:20:03 Processing started

And i have checked RWB and SXMB_MONI, it does not show any message.

Please suggest further to resolve the problem.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

If it is due to the huge file size, is there any alternate way to move the huge files using XI ?

Please help to resolve the issue, and it is very urgent.

Thank you.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MK,

The size which you have given is very huge. It all depends on your hardware factor. What sort of file are u sending?

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

It is an XML file.

And know got into another problem, when i am trying to access RWB i got the below message

503 Service Unavailable

SAP WebAS Engine is starting or started but not yet operational! If this state does not change within a few minutes, please contact your system administrator. Check the recommendations in SAP Notes: 943498, 764417 Message: Dispatcher running but no server connected!

Details: No details available

Is this happened because i am trying to process a huge file ?

Please help to regain the RWB back and to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

MK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason for this is your XI Server may be restarted

Regards

Seshagiri

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said earlier, u should go for OS commands option.

For ur current problem, i think XI server is down in attempt to process the huge file. U should restart the java instance

Regards,

Prateek

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MK,

As suggested by Prateek, go for XI restart.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

How can i restart the java instance?

do we need to write a script to split the file, and to specify path of the script in the file adapter configuration.

If yes, can you please expain how to do it.

Thank you,

MK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj, Prateek

Please explain how to split the huge file and then to archive the complete file to the archive directory.

Thank you,

MK

Former Member
0 Kudos

MK,

First of all, refrain your self from using the word Urgent! and using all bold letters.

You dont have to restart Java instance, as it is already restarted. Service unavailable denotes that. Check after 15 min and you can see this message gone and every thing working fine.

If you need to restart Java instance, use transaction SMICM. Administration >J2EE server>Send soft shut down-->With Restart

You can not use scripts (Run OS commands before message porcessing) as you have FTP. THis option is valid only for NFS.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jaishankar,

it still displays the service unavailable message after 4 hours.

Please suggest the way to archive the huge file with in the FTP server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i think size is a problem.

In addition, also check the file size provided in FTP advanced mode parameters.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

BR,

Alok

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Mar 12, 2008 9:28 AM