cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM Client transaction Log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recently an SAP QA team proposed that we develop a MAM Client transaction log, in case the MAM Client Database gets corrupted.

Are there any standard tools to assist us with this?

I guess we need to record a log of all changes made in a 'readable' text format to either re-enter these transactions manually or have the ability to use this log to re-create the transactions after the MAM application is re-installed.

Has anybody done this before or have any recommendations?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This development should be provided by SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

well, there is no extra tool available. But the question is: why do youwant to do that?

Based on that answer there are several possible solutions!

If you use MAM you need to use DB2e. IBM did invest a lot of work to make DB2e fail proof and stable. Even if the device runs out of batterie or something like that, the DB data is not lost! At the end I had not a single device in the last 2 years, where data was really lost. It was always possible to restore the data without hassle!

Ok, if they want it - do it. Easiest way: write your own sync Screen. Whenever user calls the sync, get all changed items from there and write them into a single File. Not really that fast - can take a few secs - but at the end the easiest way. Otherwise you need to enhance MAM - wherever someone presses save button, write an entry, delete if he deletes it and change it if the user changes it...... This would be a complete second DB beside the first one - and why should this be more stable then the original MI one?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver!

How do you manage to restore data from a DB2E database?

Several times I have got errors like "SQLState:58004, error code:-8667". Are you able to restore the database in such cases?

Regs

Øyvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this error was an old one in a very old version of DB2e - about 2 years old I think.

Have a look in this thread:

/message/13906175#13906175 [original link is broken]

Should give you an idea how to go arround that.

Well, I use the latest version - but be sure it is supported by SAP with your software. If not - talk to SAP.....

Regards,

Oliver