cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Planned Order without PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a small confusion, Some of my products in a Production Plant donot have a SNP PPM. and when i run network heuristic on that location product. It creates SNP Planned orders.

Just for information the product location master has procurement type E (In House Production).

Please help me out if this is a normal behavior of the system.

Thanks,

M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a normal behaviour as per SNP Heuristic as it creates unconstrained plan, to avoid creation of production orders for product location with internal procurement and no PPm you can define production horizon or extended production horizon which will prevent creation of unwanted production orders.

For Optimiser their is a setting in Model/Plng Version Mgmt.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Default behavior is to generate Orders without a source of supply.

"If there is neither a valid transportation lane (for procurement type F; external procurement) nor valid PPM/PDS (for procurement type E; in-house production), the system creates an SNP stock transfer or SNP planned order with no reference to a source of supply. The same applies if there is no product at the source location of the transportation lane"

if you dont want planned orders there,

Try using the SDP relevance indicator for the location - product . Am not sure but you can use option 1 in it (though it sounds like it will not plan in DP too)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is normal for Heuristics to create Planned Orders without PPM when the PPMs are not defined for the location. This is not possible in CTM though.

In case PPMs are defined and planned orders are getting created without PPM, then please check if PPM is active and assigned to active version 000. Ensure the validity dates are defined till all the way into future from the current date. Ensure you also have correct lot size range defined.