Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY doesnot generate profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had to download roles from QA and upload them into Dev so that I could transport them into Prod. This is because, I had made changes to some roles in QA directly.

Now when I transported them over, both the Authorization tab and the Users tab in QA became yellow. All the objects are maintained in all the roles, so I ran PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY to generate profiles.

For some reason, that did not work. I'snt it supposed to generate the profiles and compare the User Master too ?

If yes, what could be the problem? Doing a profile generation for 200 roles is very cumbersome.

Kunal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY does NOT generate the profiles. It only reconciles the UMR.

You can try SUPC for mass generation.

Cheers

Abhishek

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY does NOT generate the profiles. It only reconciles the UMR.

You can try SUPC for mass generation.

Cheers

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Thank you Sir !

0 Kudos

No Problem

0 Kudos

hello,

is it possible to batch program SUPC?

best regards

0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Why would you want to batch program SUPC? Its a good thought, however not practical.

Just generate the roles we touch and transport them accordingly up the stack.

Even if one does manage to configure this:

We do not generate roles in QA and PRD, hence this would run in DEV only. Each generation will update all the roles timestamp and show the last changed to be the batch id. Apart from growing change documents, the last changed date on the role would not match that of QA and PRD(as all generated roles would not be transported everyday), leading to more misery.

Hope this clarifies your doubt

Abhishek

0 Kudos

When I generated the profiles, I could use the option of processing it in the background. Im not sure why you ask this question, since you cannot do(or rather should not) it in QA and Prod as Abhishek pointed out.

Besides, if you add a tcode, you will have to maintain the Authorizations anyway. In my case, all of them went to unmaintained since I uploaded them again.

Hope this answers your question.

0 Kudos

ok, thank you for your response Abhishek!

Former Member
0 Kudos

OMG! LOL!