Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user is not getting role from CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am assigning a user roles in a system, but the idoc is being failed, saying "System is not a child system in a central user maintenance network". please help.

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sherry,

Check whether the CUA has been set up properly.,

1. Check SCUA in child system to verify the sending system and model view

2. Check table USZBVLNDRC in central system for child system entry

Given the model views are same in both central and child.,

Goto BD64 in central system an look out for Distribution Model Name, expand it, find the corresponding child system and verify it has message type USERCLONE and CCLONE.

Thanks.

Regards,

Muthu Kumaran KG

0 Kudos

yes, i see both USERCLONE and CCLONE. what should i do now.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if you have been through these checks before but maybe take a look at the following:

- If you child system was connected to another CUA client before, or if your CUA model has been deleted and recreated with a different name. Then check BD64 in your child system - if the description/tech name of the Central User Admin model listed does not match the model name in your CUA client, then delete the model assignment in your child system and resave the model from your CUA client

- When you execute SCUA and save for the selected system do you get the messages that the ALE model was saved and CUA is activated? If not then double check your RFC connections to make sure that all is correct, including the authorisations of the user id being used in the connection which should have the necessary access to save the model. If you are still having a problem then follow the steps mentioned above in your child system

Regards

0 Kudos

S Morar,

I am having the same problem, but when I go into BD64 of my client and attempt to enter Edit mode it does not let me delete any of the ALE information for CUA. Any ideas?

Thanks

Jon

0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

see your seperate post...

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all