cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 - ABAP Trial Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our company as developed software link from our application to the SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) module.

To simply the discussion, please assume that the link only creates a PM Notification. Currently this is done via RFC to IQS4_CREATE_NOTIFICATION.

One of our biggest challenges in developing the link for our Oil Refinery customers is the fact that we do not run SAP in our development office. This makes it very difficult to maintain the link because we need to rely on our customer’s systems to test any changes we make.

In the past, we have made several attempts to purchase a developer license to SAP but could not determine the correct sales avenue. We ended up talking to sales people who told us that we needed to spend $50,000.

Recently, I have installed SAP NetWeaver 7.0 - ABAP Trial Version. I have it running and can log into the SAP GUI and I can make remote function calls to the Airport demo that is installed with it. This environment appears to have everything that I need to develop our link but I can not figure out how to install the PM module. I am not sure if this is even possible.

So here are my questions:

1) Can the PM module be activated/installed in the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 - ABAP Trial Version?

2) Would this be included if we purchase the SAP NetWeaver, Development Subscription for $2,300/year.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. No

2. yes it has everything