cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy a track in the NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

How can I create a copy of a track in the NWDI.

When I select the track and perform a 'save as', it will create a new track, but it does not contain any software components.

I have found in the online help a reference to the DTR command line tool that allow the replication of a track between different DTR repositories, but I think this is only available is NW04S SP13 and above. My version of the DTR command line (NW2004S SP12) does not know about the connect or replicate commands.

Is it okay to apply SP14 for the DTR, without patching the rest of the system?

Thanks John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In my opinion your first approach was correct. In orded to copy a track we usually use the "save as" feature of CMS. When you do save as, you definitely get a copy of the track definition with the developed SCs as it is in the source track.

You will get a copy of track created with the corresponding build spaces in the CBS. Now if you want to copy the content, you could simply do a forward of the latest assembled SCs from the source track to the new track.

This should be the simplest way of track copy. Hope it helps.

Akshatha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all you help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I created a transport connection, but nothing happened. I expected to see some components in the import queue of the development system in the target track.

I even performed an assembly on the source track, hoping that it would trigger a transport to the target track, but after the assembly completed, no change was made to the target track.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only Approved Assemblies (SCA's) end up in follow-up tracks. So, you must also approve the SCA you just assembled. You can also take an older one from the Approval history and re-approve that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshatha

Do you know of a document that would show me how to forward the latest assembled SCs from the source to the new target track?

Thanks John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a transport connection. See the SAP Help for more info.