Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI object S_RS_COMP & S_RS_COMP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to make the Reporting access as simple as possible in our BI 7.0 system so we came up with the Idea that the underlying query technical names would all use a simple naming convention (e.g BW001).

The first * represent any number of characters prior to the BW001 and the second * represents any number of characters after.

When I put this into the S_RS_COMP and S_RS_COMP1 objects against the RSZCOMPID field (BW001) and then go to test the query access via the Portal the User has access to all queries rather than just those containing BW001 in the technical name.

It appears that the BI system takes the occurance of the first * and ignores the rest of the pattern, which unless I'm going mad is not the case in ECC or previous versions of BI, I have also tried using the pattern ZBW001 just in case having the * as the first character was causing the problem, this still doesn't work.

Any thoughts/ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

BW or BI will not work for multiple wild cards as in "* BI * ".

The values can be.,

1. *

2. Specific Cube name

3. Patterns as in Z*

Thanks.

Regards,

Muthu Kumaran KG

Edited by: Muthukumaran Krishnan Govindan on Mar 11, 2008 7:07 PM

Edited by: Muthukumaran Krishnan Govindan on Mar 11, 2008 7:07 PM

0 Kudos

Muthu,

Thanks for the reply, it wasn' t the answer I was hoping for but what I was expecting.

I'll need to extend the pattern used to cover the first part of the technical query name, which potentially will lead to more admin later but only if new Cubes etc are added to the solution.

Cheers

Mark

0 Kudos

Mark,

From your first note I see that you use BW001 as a generic part in any of the query created.

Then how do you differentiate the queries.

Is that * before BW001 gives some meaning like what is that query about.

We have conventions based on the type of the query.

Normally in my cases we restrict the user creating and saving queries with patterns based on some functional or geographical meaning.

Say like ZFI* for finance specific or say ZDE for germany for geographic specific.

I dont really see the reason you have BW001 as common in all queries.

Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks.

Regards,

Muthu Kumaran KG

0 Kudos

The BW001 is just a reference to the Areaas defined by the Business that a query relates to.

The first * is to cover the Application/cube that the query as been written against, the theory then was that is a new query was defined by the Business it would be submitted under the BW001 number and the new query would be created with BW001 included in it.

In hindsight what we should have done is included this ref no at the start of each query and then the other information the techy guys find useful added on the end, that way we could have happily used an entry of the like BW001* and it would have achieved our initial aim.

As I said previously all this means is that I will have to maintain our Roles with more specific query names.

We do not allow Users to create/change queries in the Productive system, they only have execute access.

Thanks again for your responses.

Cheers

Mark