cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSMobile - browser, layout and multiple logon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey everyone,

We are developing an ITSmobile solution to warehouse management with RF. We are using SYMBOL devices with barcode reader and Windows Mobile 2003.

The pilot implementation resulted 90% but we need to get by some issues in order to achieve the 100%.

We've created a Internet Service in SICF, with Alternative Logon Procedure and the Logon Procedure List just have the Field Authentication. In the System Logon Configuration we have checked for multiple logons, listed 'Do not switch' for the Protocol and the User-Especific Class is CL_MOBILE_SYSTEM_LOGIN.

All the transactions are costumer-especific developed (Z transactions) and their respective templates were also created through SE80 for mobile devices and published with the complete service.

After this description let me ask you some questions:

- In the template generation (SE80) for the screens, what are the diferences between Generating Styles 'MOBILEXV - Mobile Geräte mit Sprachei' and ' MOBILE - Mobile Device'. I've tried both of them and the result wasn´t any diferent...

- When we create screens, the layout is perfectly designed in SAP. When we watch in SAP or in IE on the PC the layout is OK, but when we use the SYMBOL device it have some diferences. For example the size of the buttons is set acording to the button text, spacing between parameters differs from one parameter to another perfectly alligned in SAP...

Can this problem be a result of IE browser on WM-2003? Are any other free browsers where I can do the test for the layout? F-keys do not result on a OK code in IE?

- AT the logon screen, we check for multiple logon's. After the logon, if there is any other session for the same user, a screen providing the other logon's information appears and ask to finish all existing logon's. The problem is that when we check for finish the other logons, this doesn't really happens. How can I limit 1 logon for user in my SYMBOL device?

PS. Were can I find documentation for ITSmobile? I've found almost nothing...

THank you very much

Mr. Fakas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fakas,

1. the screens are the same because you dont develop addtional voice enabled

elements on your abap screen. so in case you dont use additional information the output is the

same of the ITSmobile generator

2. this is a issue of the operation system on your mobile device.

Why do you use WM2003 / WM5.0 is already available also for symbol devices.

One tip: you get here with WM2003 additional issues (go-live killer) please upload

your operating system all in all you will save money, because it will be necessary

to make additional workarounds here.

(performance, session handling, functionkey and more...)

For my opinion you need an addtional industrial browser (pocket symbol browser from symbol f.e.)

3. be sure that the logoff on the other users works,

I think this is a wrong konfiguration or additional authorization problems.

(with release / SP do you use / are there all notes implemented? - the ITSmobile is brand new...)

Otherwise your application must ensure that just one user is logon - please implement the note...

Bye

Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Fakas,

I'll try to answer a few of the questions:

- The 'MOBILEXV - Mobile Geräte mit Sprachei' should contain some extra code for speech recognition. You shouldn't need this.

- What browser on the SYMBOL device are you using?

- Function keys need to be custom programmed for the ITS Mobile. Please see devicesample.html under service ITSMOBILE01. You can also find more information under "Including Device Specifications with ITSmobile" under "Creating Mobile Applications with ITSmobile" in URL: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/54/4d9993c6592941a407313a6763575c/frameset.htm

- For Multiple Logons please see note 1074234.

You should also search for notes with "ITSmobile" in the BC-FES-ITS component or look at the rest of the help pages in the above SAP Help link.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

I'm using Pocket Internet Explorer in my SYMBOL device.

I've tried to enable the function keys adding 'DEVINCLUDE_SYMBOL3090' to my Internet Service, as you sugested. But unfortunately the F-keys didn't produced any ok code. Could this be a problem related to the browser? Did anyone got ok codes from F-keys in this browser?

For the multiple logon's, the note you indicated (1074234) kind of solves my problem with the following sentence, "1) Assign the authorization for deleting files to the relevant user.???" What is the meaning of this? I continue to look at a screen asking if I want to finish other sessions, but the sessions continues after I choose to finish them.

For the layout adjustments do you have any suggestion?

Thank you very much for your help Edgar,

Mr. Fakas

Edited by: Mr. Fakas on Mar 12, 2008 7:23 PM

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Fakas,

Did you make any changes to the file DEVINCLUDE_SYMBOL3090? This file contains examples of Function Key mapping when using the SYMBOL Pocket Browser only. If you are using a different browser you will need to modify the file to fit your browser.

For Note 1074234 you should apply the note or support package, please disregard the portion: " 1) Assign the authorization for deleting files to the relevant user.???".

I have no suggestions regarding the layout as I do not understand the issue. You will need to either post code or a link to comparative screenshots so that forum members can get a better understanding of the issue before any suggestions will come.

Thanks,

Edgar