cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unconfigured KMAT is not configurable

Former Member
0 Kudos

When entering KMAT in order, If I choose not to configure it immediately the order greys it out and I cannot go back in a configure it. For sales reasons I would like to choose a KMAT in the quotation and only configure it once it gets to the order but this doesn't seem possible.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

what i understand is what u enter configurable in quotation it is not copying into order. ok

if this ok then maintain copycontrol

Tcode: VTAA from QT to OR

goto configuration option select it. save .

regards

murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

KMAT copies to order fine, but I am unable to configure it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't configure it in the Quote, you have no/inaccurate pricing and costing information, so I assume you are manually pricing these things. Also if the configuration is incomplete did you get rid of the Sales Doc incompletion procedure? Standard QT -> OR will not happen because of this. If you have a "complete" configuration even though you don't actually make any selections in the Quote, it should work just fine.

Although I question the business process that is driving this requirement. There me be a better way of managing this, based on the business details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill,

My company has very long lead times (years in some cases), and as a result BOM's may not get configured for awhile. We have a system whereby there is a base price for any unconfigured KMAT. How do I setup to make sure that an incomplete configuration can be marked as complete and yet still be able to change it when it gets copied to the order?