Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Session Parameters in WDA

Aksel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to get the Portal UserID out of the SSO-Cookie of a WDA-Application.

I cannot use the Application Parameters from the Portal (<User.UserID>),

because the userId should not be transported as a GET-Parameter via URL. It has to be only in the session.

Can I somehow adapt the Solution for BSP?

/people/siddhartha.jain/blog/2005/10/25/reading-netweaver-portal146s-logon-ticket-147mysapsso2148-cookie-in-bsp-applications

Thank you in advance, if you can help me...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Aksel
Participant
0 Kudos

Can somebody please give me a hint on this?

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aksel,

you can't (and you shouldn't ). The parameter is private to the web framework which Web Dynpro reuses. Even for the Web Dynpro runtime, this is a parameter that goes in and out unchanged. The current user (not portal-one, I know) can be determined using sy-uname. Your application should only rely on this information. In case you would like to transport additional data, you could add it as a custom URL parameter.

Best regards,

Thomas

Aksel
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Thomas, for your answer.

I don't want to pass Parameter via URL, because of security issues.

I don't need to change the UserId from the Portal.

You said that the runtime just receives it and passes it through without change. Isn't it possible to get from the runtime then?

Or do I need to buid some kind of BSP-hull which reads the Session-Cookie and the Portal-User and then displays the WebDynpro? Which I don't really like

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aksel,

unfortunately, there's no way to get it from the Web Dynpro runtime as the place is not accessible from user coding. Anyway, perhaps a different solution can be found. I was wondering, if you could explain a bit, what you would like to do with the id of the portal user? Probably, there's an alternate way to achieve a similar system behavior.

Best regards,

Thomas

Aksel
Participant
0 Kudos

Of course I can explain a little...

We use an LDAP source for the Portal, and some ABAP Users have more than one User in the Portal.

Depending on what User is logged on to the portal the WDA should behave different, although the ABAP-User stays the same (e.g. different values in ValueHelps)

So the logged on sy-uname is the same and we need to identify the portal-user for processing...

Regards

Aksel