cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Price Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using a lot of material price groups, and with current adding of new business units, it might be that we will not have enough available combinations (using up all the two-character combo's).

Would love some advice/info:

How are other companies handling the excess need of material price groups?

What can be done with regards to re-using material price group coding and how to keep track of price history?

Any other tips/tricks ?

Many thanks and kind regards,

Marion

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback !

But yes, we have been considering all possible combinations from 01 to 99 + 0A to 9Z + A1 to A9 + AA to AZ and this for each alfabet & number combo possible. With several companies coming on to same system and each requiring ten and hundreds of mat.price groups (eg 1 company having consumed already 500 combo's), we need to find a way to clean up "unused" combo's for which no more price records will be maintained.

Hence the question how to proceed without loosing the price history or disturbing former orders and invoices...

Was thinking of using another field within mat.master data to do the trick, but would first love to get some ideas/info on the above

Many thanks in advance and kind regards,

Marion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Considering the two characters price groups, you can define 26 alphabets and 10 no.s

Hence considering permutation and combination you can have 10C2, 26C2 and 26C1 X 10C1 = 630

I dont think you would be using 630 MPG now.

Kind Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sure you are not just considering numeric combination.

Go in for Alpha Numeric Combination, and i reckon it would be enough to cater for your needs.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Ravi