Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining field values of two output tables into one input form

HighTechDom
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am fighting with a rather simple problem (so it seems)

I have two BAPIs with two seperate output tables.

Now I mark a record in each of the output tables.

Next step, I would like to pass the field values of the selected output records into one single input form, to call the next BAPI.

I did not succeed in combining field values from the two output tables into on input form.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks,

Dominik Erlebach

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dominak,

Now after you have added an expression field to get the data store values, you should be able to pass the parameters to a BAPI by triggering an event to pass them parameters.

Regards,

Sami

HighTechDom
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!

Dominik

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dominik,

One more thing to try.

create a new button that diplays the data stored in the data store.

add input fields to a form and the event triggered by the button should pass those parameters t1_parameter and t2_parameter to the input fields if they are displayed then the datastore is working correctly

regards,

Sami

HighTechDom
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sami,

I have tried this, and it did not work.

Obviuosly the Input form is not receiving the parameters.

Any more ideas?

I have setup the input form fields as text boxes, and have linked to the data store in the data function box.

Any more ideas?

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dominik,

Can you please send me the model as an export so that i can further investigate the issue.

email :saphruae@gmail.com

regards,

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dominik,

Let me first try to illustrate your problem, you need to pass 2 parameters comming from 2 different tables, hence an input form will be filled with parameters then all those parameters combined will be passed to a BAPI.

Let us assume that the parameters are :

1- t1_parameter --> comming from table 1

2- t2_parameter --> comming from table 2

if this is the case then follow those steps.

1- In your model, drag out from the out port of the table whose data is to be stored, and choose Data Store from the context menu.

2- Double-click the data store to open the Configure Element task panel.

3- At the bottom of the task panel, click the Add (plus) button to display the Field Properties dialog box.

4- In the Field name field, define a virtual field for the data store.

in your case t1_parameter, t2_parameter.

5- Click the connecting line to the data store, and name the event according to the action that should be performed for adding items to the data store, for example: select.

6- click on the line mapping the ouputport of the table to the data store.

7- assign the values you want to store from the first table to the data store by mapping the parameters we created to the

"Assigned Value" column comming from the table.

8- Repeat the same steps for the second table.

Note : One data store is enough throughout all the application.

9- In the input form you created you will add a submit button with an event name to trigger submission to the bapi.

10- map the normal fields to the input parameters of the bapi.

11- now to the input parameters we need to pass from the data store click to define mapping between the input form and the bapi, in the assigned value of the target field you want to pass tab1_parameter click the expression icon, then scroll down to define expression, a window is open.

11- select data fields --> then store --> then tab1_parameter.

12- repeat the same for tab2_parameter on the corresponding target value.

I guess this will solve your problem, please come back to me if any step is unclear.

Regards,

Sami

Please donot forget to reward points if usefull.

HighTechDom
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sami,

thanks for your motivation to help me.

It seems the data store is either not working, or passing the value from the data store to the input form is not working. I have connected the tab1 to the data store, and have referred the input form field to the data store field.

I have done the test by adding a default value for t1_parameter to the connector between tab1 and the data store. I have added the 'select' event.

---> Input form stays empty

Then I have created a new push button with a new event 'Pick' to tab1, but also there no activity.

I have also tried to submit the input form values to an output form (maybe the values are just not visible), but also no effect.

So you think this might be a bug?

BR,

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can combine the output of the tables

1. by using additional operators combine.

2.Then the combine operator will have all the fields which you want to send to the other input form.

3. Join the combine opertor to the input form or where ever you want.

you can use that combine operator data to pass to a BAPI as well as to a form. I hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Nutan

HighTechDom
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The combine operator (or union) does not connect to my output table.

I have also tried to signal out / signal in, but did not get this to work.

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes u are correct it is not possible add operators to Table output port.

I am telling that add the output ports of all ur data service to input port of combine operator and then add a table to the output port of Combine operator.

Regards,

Govindu

HighTechDom
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

those two tables have nothing in common.

Tab1 has 5 fields and hundreds of records (time series)

Tab2 has 4 fields and two records (possible vendors)

Goal is to collect data from different tables, to be able to create a purchasing document.

Tab1 --> Date and Quantity

Tab2 --> Vendor

BR,

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes u are correct

.Sorry use Union operator and connect the two data services to Input ports of Union operator then drag a out put table from union operator and then creat a Button with EXport action

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dominik,

You can store both those parameters in a data store.

Then with a certain trigger on a submit button both those

Parameters should be submitted to the BAPI.

Regards,

Sami

HighTechDom
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hei Sami,

thanks for helping.

I can't get that working.

1) Is the event 'select' enough to send the value to the data store?

2) Can I feed the same data store from two seperate output tables or do I need a data store for each output table

3) I need to fill an input form with the collected values from the output form and add further fields on that input form.

I can't see if the values have been sent to the data store and I don't have an idea how I could get them out of the data store (in case they are in)

Any more ideas?

Is the situation clear with the two BAPI outputs and the form input?

Thanks,

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Combine all tables into a single Table or Form Using Combine opeartor or Union operator.

Then add a Button with Export action to that combine form or table.

But after clicking on Export button you should use Ctrl+V to copy the content into Excel sheet opend .

Regards,

Govindu