Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are some RFC Connections in SM59 not changeable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why are some RFC Connections in SM59 not changeable, (no edit option from menu or pencil icon), (example some logical type RFC connections for workflow) but if I delete and recreate them they are changeable anytime I visit them thereafter (do not have to delete and recreate to change but there is a pencil Icon or an edit option not previously available) My guess was that these were connections automatically setup by an installation process, and only if I delete and recreate manually will I be able to make changes. But I really am not sure if that is the reason or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gary,

While defining the SM59 connections you can also define whether the connection is trusted connection or not.

If you define it as a trusted connection then while saving it, this will also give you an option which says "Would you like to set this destination Not Changeable" ??

If YES then the destination can be displayed and no edit.

Thanks.

Regards,

Muthu Kumaran KG

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gary,

While defining the SM59 connections you can also define whether the connection is trusted connection or not.

If you define it as a trusted connection then while saving it, this will also give you an option which says "Would you like to set this destination Not Changeable" ??

If YES then the destination can be displayed and no edit.

Thanks.

Regards,

Muthu Kumaran KG