cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Customer Number by Business Partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured the system so that when we create a customer in SD module it creates a business partner and a link is created in CVI_CUST_LINK table between customer and business partner. This business partner is than used in our collection module. Since the business partner number and customer numbers are different, our collection team want to see the customer number when they load a business partner using "BP" transaction.

Can anyone please tell us in standard SAP is it possible to view the related customer number in "BP" transaction. If not, than is there a transaction to find the customer number by partner number.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rakesh_kumar
Explorer

Use the transaction MDS_LINKS.

The screen is self explanatory.

Regards, Rakesh

0 Kudos

Perfect! Exactly what I needed

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you configured relation BP <--> Customer correctly in Cross-Application comp. then in tx. BP select appropriate BP Role (e.g. CVI: FI Customer) and then additional tabs will be available.

Choose tab "Customer: General Data" where you can see field "Customer Number" reflecting SAP customer number in KNA1-KUNNR).

Regards,

MCA

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can find the customer number from Business Partner number using the transaction CRMM_BUPA_MAP in icp system by giving the BUPA number in the business partner field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

go to se16, enter VBPA table execute it.

now enter partner fuction number execute. you can customers under this partner.

regards

murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

The business partner I am referring to are the one's stored in table BUT000. This is different than Sales Document Partner,

Thanks,

Paresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try transaction BUPT.

I too was thinking BUT000 could have had helped you.

I am still not sure, see when you create a customer through BP transaction, the SAP generated number will be the same for both XD03 and BP transaction.

How could the customer and BP numbers differ?

You can alternatively try this table CRMM_BUT_FRG0081 or KNVP

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi paresh,

pls go thru the following urls

u can get ur problem solved

reward me if helpfull.....

crmexpertonline.com/search.cfm?crm=yes&q=transaction - 32k

help.sap.com/bp_blv1500/BL_US/documentation/Scenarios/V8C_BPP_EN_US.doc

thanks

karthikeya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately these documents were not the functionality I was looking for.