cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement where in I am interfacing the pricing condition records master data from the legacy system. We developed a program which is using BAPI BAPI “BAPI_PRICES_CONDITIONS” . This worked initially OK. however as we are testing more scenarios we are getting issues where in this BAPI does not create records correctly in the system for the same records with different validity dates.

Have anybody of you used /know any other technical solution to load the pricing master data in the system or can tell us more abt this BAPI . I read in one of the OSS notes wherein SAP says not to use this even though this is available which sounds weird to me

Any inputs would be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Try LSMW ( Leagacy system migration workbench). Take all the datas in a notepad & load it.. I think even 200 records can be loded in sap in 10 minutes & the steps are easy to execute, contact your technical people, if they dont have let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try secatt. it will be easy and more interactive. u can load pricing records using secatt.

rgds

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all thank you for the answers. Forgot to mention one point, this is a ongoing interface wherein after we go live the data has to be interfaced regularly via an automatic interface . I am not talking about one time conversion for which i have an LSMw already

any suggestions pls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

if I am not tatally wrong the LSMW can use an SAP standard program to upload the data into SAP (xk15). I've uploaded 2 Mio Records for the last customer in less than 12 hrs, so it is reasonably fast (although not lightspeed).

I can look up the program name on Monday, so theoretically a programmer should be able to upload using that program rather than the BAPI.

And yes, it is a shame to have some BAPI and to get the recommendation not to use it.

Cheers

Markus

Edited by: Markus Müller on Mar 14, 2008 8:23 PM