cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Acknowledgement

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sending a message from a File1 and receive that message in a BPM. Call the Sync HTTP adapter , sending the message received earlier and get the Response. Finally send the Response to File22.

After sending to File22, I am trying to catch the Transport Acknowledgement, to make sure the message has been successfully delivered to file22.

In my Send step to File22 , I have set the property of Acknowledgement to " Transport".

But I am not sure how to process the Transport request, or where I can see the Transport Acknolwdgement

I will really appreciate your help. Thansk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

If you are requesting a transport acknowledge for send step to file, then your BPM process will stop at the send step and wait for acknowledgement. You can see your message in SXMB_MONI(outbound status column) stopped with Clock(Wait) symbol. If you want to simulate this try putting some non existing directory in your file adapter configuration and run your interface.

Regards

Anand

Message was edited by: Anand Torgal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand. As you directed, I modified the Receiver File adapter, by providing Wrong Path or non-existing path, interestingly my SXMB_MONI does not erred out, I see only the Blag Flag. Eventhough I checked the File22, nothing got updated, I am really confused.

When the target path is not existing then it has to error out? but it doesn't, why it is so?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karen,

You will not get any error, but instead in SXMB_MONI if you go to column 'Outbound Status' you will see 'Clock'(wait) icon. And if you check you workflow technical log through 'PE' indicator you would see that all the steps after this send step are not executed, i.e BPM is waiting for transport acknowldgement.

If you correct the error in your configuration by putting correct directory then your message good go further based on the retry interval and attemps set for the adapter.

Refer the blog and the SAP help link...

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/03/01/usage-of-transport-level-acknowledgements

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/86/80163f6b5baa09e10000000a114084/content.htm

hope this helps..

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand, I dont see the Clock sign in the OUTBOUND .

For the Receiver (File) I have mentioned the wrong server name, wrong path name and everything wrong, irrrespective of that I dont see a Clock sign.

Where am I going wrong? Its testing my patience on Monday.

Please help me. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

You need see 'Outbound Status' field not 'outbound' field. May be you need to change your ALV layout to display this filed. or you can see the technical workflow log as well which will show the message 'Waiting for Transport Confirmation' and no further steps in the BPM will be processed.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand, I am seeing the "Outbound Status " Only and it is having a Black Flag(Eventhough I have given an Unknown destination).

I looked into the BPM and I dont see any error.

Thanks Anand for all your time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

As I had mentioned earlier there will not be any error in BPM , instead you can see the message 'Waiting for Transport Confirmation' in technical workflow log. Also the overall status of the BPM process will be 'In Process' status, this can been seen again in the technical workflowlog .

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anand,

Good Afternoon. Finally I see a clock in my SXMB_MONI. But I have two questions for you and all the XI Guru's.

1) In my BPM I have Switch Statement, which has two branches, Success or Failure. And I was sending a Message that will take the Success route, but so for it was taking otherwise branch, I looked into the Workflow underneath and modified the Switch to CASE then my BPM worked fine. Whether there is any Bug with BPM Switch Statements?

2) How to identify the Work Item number? I need to delete a work item using the transaction /nSWWL, but there many WF in the que, so I am confused.

Anand thanks a Bunch and for your patience. You owe 100 Points for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

we are on SP12 and never faced any issues with the switch statement(with two branches). The otherwise branch will get executed if none of the conditions are satisfied.

Work item number can be seen in the technical workflow log. In sxmb_moni click on PE indicator and then click on 'List with technical details' Log icon (Shift+F9). Work item ID can been seen on the ID column of technical workflow log.

Regards

Anand

Answers (0)