cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Variants in SE17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can somebody tell me how to use varinats in SE17? I don't see any place where I can put them or make them like in SE16. Also how do I see a range in SE17? Is it at all possible?

I do not want to give SE16 to users in Production.

Thanks

ABHI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The difference is that in SE17, it is a dynpro screen and not a standard selection screen. If it was a standard selection screen, then you would have the variant functionality. This is the standard functionality of SE17, and I don't think that it can be changed.

Welcome to SDN.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

Thanks a lot for the Answer, I have awarded you the points.

The thing is that I am still stuck with SE16 and that I cannot take away SE16 from some of the production users (There are not too many) beacuse of this access to variants in SE17.

what are the other options I have apart for making a parameterized transaction/ custom T-Code? The thing is the users use SE16 for a lot of tables to run queries. and it would be difficult to make a T-code for each of the tables.

Thaks

Abhi

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Ok course, it is possible to development a custom program that would build selection-screen and output dynamically, sort of like SE16, but with parameters instead of select-options. I do think that it would be a lot of work.

Regards,

Rich Heilman