cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change the port number of an already installed ITS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've done an install of the latest ITS stand-alone application (win2k server , IIS). It was installed on port 81.

Is there an easy way to change the port number of this ITS installation without doing a new install? I know there are port references in the itsregistrywgate.xml file but was not sure if these were maintained during install or by reading the global.srvc file entries.

I've taken the simplistic steps of changing the port number in IIS and the global.srvc file but that does not work. I get a 403.2 read access forbidden error.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Graham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Graham,

yes, it is possible but depends on what you want.

For IIS, WGate is depending on the following items:

• ISAPI wgate (the filter API that triggers on /scripts/wgate) which is normally a general isapi for all webserver instances.

• the virtual directory "SAP-WGate-Scripts" which exists for the according "virtual" webserver instance.

• the (web)servername in wgate registry, which points to your virtual webserver

• the "Port" in the URL section in wgate registry.

So, if you want to change the port (e.g. from 81 to 82) for both your virtual webserver and the wgate then go ahead.

But if you want an extra virtual host (e.g. on 82) then:

• create the virtual host on 82

• create a "SAP-WGate-Scripts" directory on this 82 host exactly as the one on the 81 host.

• change the "Port" in the wgate URL section.

• if you also have an own docroot directory you have to copy the SAP mimes from the 81 docroot to the new one.

The only thing that will be wrong afterwards is the webservername, this will have no effect on the runtime behavior but at the next patch install you will get an extra dialog to identify your webserver again.

If you wanted to go for the latter scenario then it might be less work to add a new instance by install e.g. a dual host wgate on the new virtual host or a single host install (with a dummy agate).

Afterwards you can play around with the WGate configuration to change it to your needs.

Regards,

Fekke