cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter data from VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a simple database table and I have adjusted JDBC Connection in the portal(My portal version is NW04s SP13). I want to enter data into my database table via using VC Form.Is this possible? Please, can somebaody explain me how I can do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can also use the SQL editor and create an INSERT statement for inserting the data into your database.

If you have a stored procedure you can use this.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mehmet,

Visual Composer can import any third-party JDBC-based stored procedure through the SAP_JDBC connector, which is an integral part of the standard portal connectivity framework.

Click the Find Data button in the task-panel toolbar.

From the System drop-down list at the top of the task panel, select the alias of the system from which you will retrieve the first data service. (the system you configured in the portal)

Use the fields and drop-down lists displayed (according to system type) to enter your search criteria, and then click Search. All data services matching the search criteria and residing in the selected system are displayed.

(note: in your case the data services will be stored procedures)

From the results list, locate the data service that you require and drag it onto the workspace. If needed, the Define Data Service dialog box is displayed, listing the ports and the metadata of the data service. You can use this dialog box to display or hide different ports of the data service, and to select the fields that will be channeled through the selected ports.

Once you have defined the parameters of the data service, click OK to close the dialog box and, if required, answer the confirmation message.