cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can summarize: when it is j2ee_admin, when it is Administrator?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Over the passed 4 years I have installed/upgraded many different SAP products on different projects

Sometimes the default super user was j2ee_admin, while for some other products, Administrator was

the default super user.

I can not track down because I move from projects to projects.

Who can give a summary? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following are the Admin users by default (created by installation) :

1) Abap+Java : j2ee_admin

2) java only: administrator

However, you can always create users and also provide them administrator rights. So, its fine that you have Administrator user on dual stack or j2ee_admin on java only. Someone must have created it.

Regards,

Snehal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member273222
Participant
0 Kudos

Are you sure the "j2ee_admin" user in your Java Only EP system wasn't manually added later?

Or perhaps "j2ee_admin" exists in an external user store (like an ABAP system or LDAP)? By default users by the names "Guest" and "Administrator" are not imported from LDAPs, (see the UME property ume.ldap.blocked_users,) however, "j2ee_admin" could be imported if you are connecting to an ABAP user store.

Hope this helps,

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi qy Z,

Can u bit clear in your question?wat u really want ? assuming that j2ee_admin is the user available where both stacks ABAP+JAVA installed ,and administrator is the user where JAVA stack only installed .

reward points welcome!

what u really need ?

regards,

S.Rajeshkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you have ABAP+JAVA stack then you have J2EE_ADMIN however for pure Java stack you have Adminsitrator.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

However, on our EP7.0(java only), I find both Administrator and J2ee_admin.

May I conclude:

1) Abap+Java, j2ee_admin

2) java only: both j2ee_admin and administrator exist.

Thanks!

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oops.... I think Ruchit is right...

Juan