cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete default operation in generated Service Interface from model

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to follow the step-by-step instruction from Franklin Herbas's blog - https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8018. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] Everything worked fine until I tried to delete the default operation generated in the service interface. Somehow the “Delete Selected Lines” button is grayed out for this default operation. The button is not grayed out for other operations I have added in the model.

I did some testing and found out that this problem would not happen if the “Use of Interface Objects” field of the Software Component Version is set to SAP NetWeaver 7.1 and the “Interface Pattern” field of the Service Interface is set to Stateless.

In my case the “Use of Interface Objects” field has to be set to SAP NetWeaver 7.0 in the Software Component Version so that I can use SPROXY in my backend NW70 system to generate ABAP Proxy for the service interface.

So this is my workaround:

1. Change the “Use of Interface Objects” field of the Software Component Version to SAP NetWeaver 7.1

2. Change the “Interface Pattern” field of the Service Interface to Stateless

3. Delete the default method and save it.

4. Change the “Interface Pattern” field of the Service Interface back to Stateless (XI-30 Compatible)

5. Change the “Use of Interface Objects” field of the Software Component Version back to SAP NetWeaver 7.0

This can be cumbersome for the web service developers. Any idea or pointer on how to fix this issue will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jiannan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jiannan

I want to better understand what you have done. Please confirm whether these are set of steps that you did.

1. You created a SWCV set the "Use of Interface Objects" to "SAP NetWeaver 7.0"

2. You defined a model in the Integrated ARIS where you defined Service Interfaces with multiple operations.

3. You created a Service Interface Assignment and created a corresponding Service Interface object in ESR.

4. The interface pattern in your service Interface is always "XI 3.0 Compatible".

5. There is just one default operation in the Service Interface.

6. Now you want to but can't delete the default operation.

Is my understanding correct? Can you please attach a screenshot of your Service Interface (SI) to this message so that I can forward it to the development if that is the case?

Facts as they are - A Software component which has "Use of Interface objects" as anything less than "SAP NetWeaver 7.1" means that all the objects in the SWCV should be transportable to an earlier release of ESR (or IR). Which means that every SI can have only one operation since earlier releases supported only that.

But it should clearly possible that when you define a Service Interface, an operation in it can be deleted leaving the Service Interface with no operations. And if that is not happe ning, it should be reported to the development.

Do let me know.

regards

Rathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rathish,

Yes, your understanding is correct. The default operation I referred to is the one automatically generated when I created assignment for the service interface in the model. It has the same name as the service interface.

I will try to attach a word document of the screen shots. If not I will try to email it to you. Hope it will help.

Regards,

Jiannan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can delete the default operation with PI 7.10.