Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDIDC and EDI_DC40

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

what is the gap between EDIDC and EDI_DC40. All outbound idocs from my sap system contains the control records in EDIDC rather i want to have it in the format EDI_DC40 because based on EDI_DC40 mapping is performed. How to find the gap between EDIDC and EDI_DC40 and fix it up by populating appropriate data in EDI_DC40 from the outbound side (r3) ?

thkx

Edited by: Prabhu S on Mar 11, 2008 2:58 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

>populating appropriate data in EDI_DC40 from the outbound side (r3) ?

To do the above you would need to fill EDIDC to modify the control records.

>what is the gap between EDIDC and EDI_DC40

I believe the following happens.though not sure 100%...

First the EDIDC is filled up.

Subsequently somewhere before the Idoc is generated call is made to IDOC_CTRL_INBOUND_CONVERT or could be some other code where data inside EDIDC is transferred to EDI_DC40 based on the release.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

In your previous thread, I have refered the same thing, try to get the complete details from the link mentioned in the thread:

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithiyanandam

But I'm unable to find what i'm looking for as per this thread.

thkx

p.s

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vijaya and swarup

thkx for your response. Yeah i got the point that it is based on the SAP release. I'm working on ECC but in the IDOC test toll WE19 the strucutre EDIDC is seen and why not EDI_DC40? But when the idoc is imported into IR or when i check the IDOC XML is can view the data in EDI_DC40 format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

you are right it is just because of R/3 versions. In XI both structres are compatible...

I think you can import the IDOC as it is in IR and can map it with the structre on receiver end.

You are already aware with The mapping fields so I don't think you will get any probs.

It will work as normal way...

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the idoc header information is stored in the dictionary table EDIDC that is controle information for idoc it contains all the information like

1>who is sender.

2>who is receiver

3>which is the message type

4>between which logcal system

5>in which port idoc to be send to receiving ligical system

6>what is idocid

all information are stored in this table

that port what you created by the transaction WE21 that port you have to assign here

Probably this kind of mapping will help you

WA_EDIDC-MANDT = SY-MANDT.

WA_EDIDC-MESTYP = 'ZMSG_TYP'.

WA_EDIDC-IDOCTP = 'ZIDOC_TYP'.

wa_edidc-cimtyp = c_temp.

WA_EDIDC-RCVPRN = '<Port>'.

WA_EDIDC-RCVPRT = 'LS'.

WA_EDIDC-CREDAT = SY-DATUM.

WA_EDIDC-CRETIM = SY-UZEIT.

append wa_edidc to it_edidc.

This information you could compare with teh structure of EDI_DC40

Following links may help you-

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/02/manipulating-idoc-control-records-from-payload

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/01/xi-idoc-adapter--edidc40--demystified

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/28/creating-sales-order-through-idoc

Thanks

Swarup

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi swarup

thkx for the reply but i'm aware of how the edidc table is appended. my query is the deff between edidc and edi_dc40. as i read the sap help it was mentioning abt some release version that edi_dc40 is for release verion 4. what does this imply and need to more info on my question regarding edidc and edi_dc40.

Former Member
0 Kudos

EDIDC is a table and edi_dc40 is a structure.

edi_dc40 is used for SAP release greater then 4.0 and EDI_DC strucutre is used for SAP release less then 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are absolutly right.

edidc is the table where all control record information is maintained for the IDOC and the edi_dc40 is the structure to carry individual IDOC sepcific the information.

While processing the IDOC you need to fill-up this table and that will make the information available in the control record as per the structure edi_dc40.

The difference is the way of representation.

Thanks

Swarup