cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time in Network Header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How can i have basic start TIME and Basic finish TIME for Network header? In Plant maintance SAP has provided these fields in Service order header, but these fields are not available in Networks though technically SO and network are the same. Was it made purposefully. I need these fields in Networks very desperatly,

Regards,

Pavalavel.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the ultimate utility of maintaining start and finish dates in Network header?? You still need to maintain time at activity level...

There maybe several activities under one network. So even if a network lifetime is only for few hours, what really drives this network is the time to complete of each activity assigned under it.

So logically our setup seems to be correct..

Moreover if you can assign time at header level, there may pose challenges in scheduling the network activities as they may have complicated relationships..

Amruta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My requirement is complicated... Ok you ask for it...

I need to copy dates and times from one network activity to another network header and schedule the second network based on the dates and times received from the first network activity. This is done through an enhancement. When i am not able to copy time, the second network gets scheduled taking time as 00:00:00 start time. If the time in first network activity is say 23:00:00. My deviation would be 23 hours in the second network, this is an unacceptable deviation in a shop floor.

Note : The second network cannot be a sub network of first network activity. Because i have a functionality called as MEB(maintainance event builder working there). The volume of this copying dates functionality is very huge, if i had this as a std functionality(through BAPI NETWORK MAINTAIN)... It would save lot of system resource...For your info this is not a new requirement... It is available in PM service orders and PP orders...if you are aware of scheduling types pls check it....

for any info contact me at pavalavel.sapps@gmail.com

Regards,

Pavalavel.

Edited by: Pavalavel Kanagavel on Mar 12, 2008 2:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The dates and time in network eventually get copied to first and last activity depending upon your scheduling parameters. Hence why cant you copy activity date and time from one network to first activity of another network?

It appears that this wont support your business requirement. Can you please let us know what you intend to do by copying the date and time?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shri,

What ever you have said there is 100% correct. I can copy the dates and time to the first activity and give a constraint and then schedule the network. I will get the results as required. But i feel it is not correct to do that because what i feel is i should be using only CN24 to schedule a network and restrict access to CN22.

I have raised development request in service.sap.

Regards,

Pavalavel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you may very well be aware, network is one among many order types for which SAP has common tables AUFK, CAUFV. Hence you find fields for time in the field in the tables, because other order types such as production order has duration in hours etc. SAP documentation clearly says that "day' is the lowest denomination duration unit that is permitted in networks. I do not recollect the SAP note No. You can sarch in SAp service.com and get the relevant note in this regard.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Murali. Even standard PS BAPI doesnt have those fields for network. PM order supports time as there may be orders of few hours unlike network which will have duration in days.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

why shouldn't i schedule a network with start or end time.... Let the duration be in days.... The point here is nothing to do with duration it is the start or end time....

Hi Shrikant,

The table AUFK for orders(networks and Service orders) have the field for basic start time & Finish time. I can still use a BDC to copy date if i can get those fields.

I am not trying to fault with you guys.... Your contribution here is too good... I just want to spice up this conversation...

Can any one from SAP help me here....

Regards,

Pavalavel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For SAP help , you can raise OSS request to SAP.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Time unit below 'day' is not feasible at network header level. Scheduling also happens at that level only.

Muraleedharan.R