cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issue in SQ01

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Am supposed to solve performance issue for the query in SQ01. I have no clue about how to start. am not able to view anything in Infoset Query. Where exactly the queries will be wriiten. because in my technical design i saw a piece of code.

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member251078
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you tell me what was the issue ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

Thanks for ur replies. I solved the issue.

former_member251078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vanathi,

I don't have idea about your system landscape as well as the which database you are using. It would be helpful if you could provide details of these. From our experience missing database statistics as well as the missing field in the where clause could be the cause of not taking the proper index if you have already. If there is no proper index defined that can also cause high run time of the query. I would suggest you to take ST05 trace while running the query on infoset and open a customer message to solve this issue. If it is not possible to create message you can analyze the query by yourself and can find the expensive sql statement inside ST05. Also if you are using oracle 10 g SAP Note 830576 will give the setting regarding db parameters. Please ensure you have set the database parameters correctly. Following are the common parameters that could impact the performance in BW environment as well.

OPTIMIZER_INDEX_CACHING

OPTIMIZER_INDEX_COST_ADJ

These parameters should not be set in OLAP environment.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Dileep

former_member24301
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Firstly, what kind of data your query has?

Second, here goes some procedures for query performance improvement:

a) Run db statistics for your database (DB20).

b) For Oracle databases: Note 853576 and 588668.

c) Directly on your DB sometimes it's good doing a database shrink.

d) If your user has a huge profile, try reducing it.

This is should solve your issue.

Best regards,

Márcio Leoni