cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI and Portal Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the new CRM UI supported in the SAP Portal? Will there be standard business packages as there was before?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. CRM2007 works with or without Portal.

2. if you want webclient to show up on portal, all you need is to generate an XML file from IMG for the business role. The generation program lets you choose several parameters like system name, visible links et al.

3. The biz role will go to portal role (the top tabs), and webclient navigation will be replaced by Portal navigation on the left.

Is this the info you were looking for?

Cheers

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

CRM2007 works without Portal currently hence there is no integration between the portal with CRM 2007 Web based UI

the web based new UI is based on business roles which is assigned to org unit or the position in the org model in crm .

even the ic webclient now works with same UI which is based on business roles the nav bar profile is same and unique across the crm applications no matter crm transactions or ic webclient based on MVC model which is bsp based application.

hence currently crm 2007 webbased UI wroks without portal only.

refer the link below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm60/helpdata/en/1a/023d63b8387c4a8dfea6592f3a23a7/frameset.htm

Reward points if helpful

Regards

Dinaker vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is not true - CRM2007 CAN integrate to portal. See my post above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trevor,

I can only reinforce what Vijay says. I have an RKT slide pack from SAP which describes the steps mentioned by Vijay and confirm the statement that you can choose between integrating the webUI with Portal or not.

You would integrate with Portal if you need to provide other content (non CRM) to your users.

What CRM 2007 provides is the flexibility to avoid the Portal integration (and costs) if all you need is to provide CRM Content/Views to external users. In that case, external users would just use their web browsers and the new Web UI.

I'm slightly annoyed when some people spread wrong information (see previous post from Dinaker) but I guess this is the inherent problem with forums like this one or even Wikipedia !

To anybody asking the slide pack I'm referring to, please don't bother.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just found an official trace from SAP about Portal integration (which anybody can access online.

Just read the CRM 2007 release notes paragraph 1.25:

Dixit: "The CRM WebClient UI has been integrated in SAP NetWeaver Portal. You can now run the CRM WebClient UI in a full page iView in the portal. On every portal page only one iView with CRM content

is displayed......"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Portal integration with crm 2007 will also provide users ability

for centralized user management(ume,ldap etc)

fyi: i was able to integrate crm to portal using URL based iviews.

I would like to know if there are any settings needed on the

BSP side of crm 2007 to enable session management.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

pgarg
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge session managment should be taken care by portal settings. there are no special settings in CRM for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what doesn't make sense to me:

1. All internal users will be using new CRM Ui

2. If one of those users is also a Partner Manager or Channel Manager they will need to use the Portal

3. All colleagues will have to use Portal to get to documents related to Marketing

It just seems that this is yet another step from SAP in the wrong direction. EVERY other product is making use of the NW2004s+ portal, and capabilities... why isn't CRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the link below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm60/helpdata/en/86/3af0840ccb4e8c97161f5514cfd88d/frameset.htm

pl do reward the points if helpful

Dinaker vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you may find some information in the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/10/a2da588171ba44af7580f8cd0537cf/frameset.htm

Cheers

Soma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaji,

This is simply the CRM 2008 brochure. We had colleagues attend this event, however they focused their sessions more on customizing the UI. None of them focused on integration to the Portal for some reason. This is not really an answer to wether the Sales Reps will be able to access the same functionality in the SAP NW7 portal without the framework of the "CRM Portal". It really seems that SAP CRM has broken the mold and direction that all of the other systems (ERP2005, BI 7.0, etc) are moving and as a Portal expert i am trying to drive my organization to making the right choices to provide a single point of access to all colleagues to access the information and systems they need when they need it. THis was possible in previous CRM systems, but not in CRM 2007.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helpful information, but it doesn't state where a sales rep would go to do his work. I am assuming from this presentation that this is a new ui hence a new url for colleagues to go to. It says that it is powered by NW, but nothing about implimenting other functionality into the Sales Rep Ui (time, expenses, km, etc) the only place that i have seen anything is on channel partners etc. The scenario is this:

1. Currently working on FPN for ERP, BW, and Central Consumer instance including KM, Collaboration

2. CRM 4.0 integrated into current Portal through Business packages etc.

3. We would like to move to CRM 2007, keep our single point of access, and integrate more KM (marketing documents to sales etc).

Is this something that is going to be possible, or will it be a whole new place to go?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

I just found some more useful info, hope you'll enjoy reading it.

http://www.sapcrm2008.com/brochure/CRM_2008.pdf

Regards

Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos