inspection types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i have on one material which has

1) Inprocess check with different parameter

2) Daily check with different parameter

3) Weekly check with different parameter

4) Monthly check with different parameter.

so please suggest me which inspection types should i maintained ?

and how the inpection lot generated for this inspection type?

points will be rewarded.......

Regards

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pravin,

You need to have "03" Inspection type active for Inprocess Inspection.

For recurring Inspection for defined period you need to copy and use Inspection type "09" for different periods. The prerequiste here is that the material should be batch managed.

Regards,

Prasobh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear.

1) Inprocess check with different parameter - use insp 03

2) Daily check with different parameter - Need to have a recurring inspction type 09

3) Weekly check with different parameter - Need to have a recurring inspction type 09

4) Monthly check with different parameter.- Need to have a recurring inspction type 09

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you inspecting a finished product that is to eventually be sold? What you describe almost sounds like regualr testing for a tank or for waste water sampling or something similar.

Use the 03 inspection for inprocess testing. I might suggest using inspection points in an 04 based on time.

Operation 10 would be daily inspection,

Operation 20 would be weekly inspection,

Operation 30 would be monthly inspection.

Set up the inspection point identifers in such a way as to properly identify the sample.

Or, if this is a wastewater sample, or something similar you can use the calibration functionality with PM to set up a schedule for inspection. In this case, you define each location for drawing the sample as a piece of equipment and you schedule daily, weekly and monthy schedules for it.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir,

in my scenario ,

Client producing mineral bottles for that they are checking mineral water in process , this is purely repetative manufacturing. and they have drawn sample maintained it till shelf life. so they check it weekly, monthly with different parameter,

i have maintained inspection type 13 for inspection point with task list

inspection type 09 for the monthly inspection with material inspection.

but i have to check it weekly with different parameter so which inspection type is i used and how the master inspection char i assigned to that type

Please suggest me

Regards

Pravin

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set up an 89 inspection type with the three operations and using inspection points as I described before. This is not stock relevant but you not handling stock with this. At any time the inspection lot can have a UD made and the lot closed out. Inspection points are valuated within each operation and the results copied to the batch. So the batch record will always have the most current results.

I would use physical samples, store my initial sample as a reserve via the original 04 lot. Then the 89 lot is created for the physical sample. Using inspection points won't cue anyone to do the sample however. You'd have to actually look at each lot into each operation to determine if I shold be doing a sample today.

The best option however is to create a stability study. This would easily be the most elegant and rigorous solution. I would encourage you to look at that and it is really exactly what your doing.

Recurring inspection as you see, only can handle one time point. And if you don't make the UD on the right day, the number of days between testing can easily vary.

Craig