cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life Cycle Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created my assignments in my lifecycle planning ( just testing with one product only. I have assigned only the phase out prfl, no phase in, like modelling). And i have a tick mark in my forecast prfl.

Now when i go to Interactive pl book and load my selection ID ( which has all products) and clicked the univariate button, in the next screen, the forecast is generated. Now when i come back to my inte planning book, i dont see my product is phased out. Infact, there is no change in its values.

It looks system is not looking at the lifecycle settings. what could have went wrong ?

Any suggestions please...

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I realised the problem. Its to be done in Aggregated Life cycle planning.

Thanks for all your help.

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I still not able to run my life cycle planning.

I can do if i run it manually. But i dont want to do it manually.

Why the univ. fcst is not recognising the p/out profile ?

any ideas please..

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

The green arrow was enabled before saving, After saving, its disabled. I am surprised in the fcst scrn, if i dont save the fcst results, and go back, still i am seeing those values in my KF. even when i load the selection again, i see these values. I thought they should not be saved. but its saving automatically.

Srinivas, Yes, you are correct. I dont see my P/out prfl in Messages list. So was it not recognising my P/out prfl ? In messages, should i see Life cycle messages ?

There are only 2/3 settings in Life cycle, and i did all of them correctly ( think so..). Not understanding where could be the problem. (I am able to do the manual P/out in the fcst scrn. It works perfectly).

Any more ideas pls..

thx

venkat

Edited by: venkat babu on Mar 13, 2008 8:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

If you think that in the forecast screen your green arrow is disabled, that means the forecast was nto carried out for some reason, then check with the messages. probably the history is not enough, check with your forecast profile if you have sufficient history and everything.

I would suggest test first without LCP activation and see if the forecast is being created well. once you are fien with the forecast creation then activate LCP in this way you will understand where the problem is.

Thanks,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

I would suggest to check two things

1) what aggregation level are you performing the LCP . Is it same as defined in the life cycle planning general settings.

2) Once you have performed your forecast, in the forecast screen itself you will be able to see that the corrected forecast or the statistical forecast of the phasing out material has phased out.

and then you can also check the tab messages there you will see which profile is been used and all relevant messages.

3) Creation of forecast profile: make sure that you are creating the forecast profile in a separate screen donot from the interactive planning session. In that case you will can see that the life cycle plannign is made active and you can see the flag. befor eyou save it.

4) Make sure you are using the same forecast profile which you have activated in the step 3.

Hope this helps. otherwise let us know

Regards,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your help.

I am on SCM 5.0. In the forecast screen, my Green arrow is actually disabled. I can click only Yellow arrow or Red cross. I dont know why Green was disabled. and also i dont have that parameter in my user settings. What this parameter does with regard to Fcst ? Can you pls give me more idea on this. Yes, i do save my forecast, before going out. But It takes me totally out of Int Planning screen.

I do see my P-Out profile in the Time series tab. I didnt check in messages. If its showing in time series tab, i think its recognising my P/Out prfl. Any idea ?

I also ran this job in background on the same level. But my test on P/Out prfl is failing.

Thank you all

venkat

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Time series tab gives you exhaustive list of Phase-out and phase-in profiles. only the messages tells you if the phase-out was used. It will make sense to look into the messages tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Try executing the forecast only for that relevant product in Interactive Planning. I guess, there may be some issue if you execute your forecast at a different level (like in your case a Selection ID with all products).

This issue may not arise if you use background jobs to execute forecast and select the same level of aggregation as you have defined in your Lifecycle planning.

-Srinidhi

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if you are seeing the PHASE-OUT profile in the messages section on running the Forecast Profile. Can you confirm that you are able to see the profile name in the message? If yes, then probably the suggestion in other reply needs to be checked. If not, there is something messed in the Life Cycle settings. I am hoping you have authorization to save forecasts in the univariate view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how are yopu getting back to the planning book? the green arrow back or the yellow arrow? have you tried saving and red arrow out?

check if in your parameters anything for green arrow has been set up (/SAPAPO/FCST_GREEN)

also what version are you on?