cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fault messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

can i use fault messages with out using abap proxy.

regards,

Madhav.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my point of view "No". Coz if you are going to use without proxy then how & where you will passing the value to fault message when any exception is being raised.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sarvesh,

if iam not using R/3 system, then can't work on abap proxies and by the way i cant use fault messages.plaese confirm it.

can u plaese explain me this

>>>>In the case asynchronous of Java server proxies, the fault message is part of a negative application acknowledgement (see Acknowledgments).

thanks,

madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>In the case asynchronous of Java server proxies, the fault message is part of a negative application acknowledgement (see Acknowledgments).

Java proxies send a fault message as a negative acknoledgement. It's described here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/56/b46c3c8bb3d73ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

> if iam not using R/3 system, then can't work on abap proxies and by the way i cant use fault messages. plaese confirm it.

>

What is your Scenario?

> can u plaese explain me this

> >In the case asynchronous of Java server proxies, the fault message is part of a negative application acknowledgement (see Acknowledgments).

Acknowledgments enable you to confirm that an asynchronous message has been received. You must explicitly request acknowledgments in the application program and can specify what kind of confirmation you want to receive.

1. Positive or negative acknowledgments.

2. System acknowledgments used by the runtime environment to confirm that an asynchronous message has reached the receiver.

3. Application acknowledgments used to confirm that the asynchronous message has been successfully processed at the receiver.

In the application program, you can query and evaluate the status of an acknowledgment.

Prerequisites

The following receivers support acknowledgments:

1. ABAP and Java proxies (XI 3.0 SP1 for the latter)

2. Integration processes

3. IDocs (note that IDocs only return acknowledgments when they have been configured using the ALE audit)

4. Receiver adapters support system acknowledgments but not application acknowledgments.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sarvesh,

thanks for u r quick response,

iam working on

1)file to file

in file to file

i want an acknowledgement whether reciever side file is reached or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please have a look here:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi patrick,

can i do the above scenario that u r mension using java proxies bcz i dont want to use BPM.

thanks,

madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have a file to file scenario, so why don't you use file adapter?

In file adapter you can use system acknowledgments without BPM.

If you need application acknowledgments in file adapter you have to use BPM like described in the blog from Michal.

In proxies you have both kinds of acknowledgements, but i don't know if you can use them in your scenario.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

In any case you have to RWB and chek the results.

Eithere you are going to use acknowlegement for your file to file scenario or not in any case you have to dig the RWB (Message Monitoring & Component) & Moni to know the success or failure.

Since XI is a middleware & we have a facility to moitor the things via RWB, so in case of simple file-to-file scenario you can come to know the outcome just by monitoring (Message Monitoring & Component).

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

see this

Thanks

Rodrigo

Edited by: Rodrigo Pertierra on Mar 11, 2008 9:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you could use it with webservice/SOAP Adapter, in case of SOAP Fault is sended back to XI, you could map it into the fault message. RFC function (depends on the RFC definition) could be also consist request/response/fault message. Take a look in the SAP BASIS Patterns in your XI Integration Repository.

regards,

Hai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please have a look here:

Here is an example for fault messages with java proxy:

Regards

Patrick