Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C folder uploading error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

in c folder

i was unable to upload the SAP Tutor player file ( size 41MB ) .I keep getting an error message that it is out of memory

_*ERROR Showing

java.lang.out of memory:java heap space*_

please do needful help

regards

ravindra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please have a look to OSS-Nr. 940461

In Microsoft Windows, you want to use the applet (plug-in) in cProjects/cFolders 3.1 to upload a file that is larger than 30 MB.

Solution

To correct the problem, or to expand the memory limit of the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), your system must first meet the following hardware requirements:

The physical working memory should be 1024 MB, or preferably 2048 MB, because otherwise problems may arise with Windows memory fragmentation.

If your system meets these requirements, you must start the JVM with parameters. To do this, proceed as follows:

1. Open the control panel (Start --> Settings --> Control Panel.

2. Double-click "Java Plug-in" to open the "Java Plug-in Control Panel".

3. Depending on the version, you can find the Java Runtime Parameter input field on one of the tab pages. Enter the following parameters here: -Xms??m -Xmx???m

You can enter 8 instead of ??, for example, to enforce a minimum memory utilization of 8 MB.

If the JVM works as normal after you restart the browser (you MUST restart the JVM), you can set the value to 512 or 768 for example. You can enter 256 instead of ???, for example, to set the maximum memory utilization to 256 MB.

CAUTION: If an error occurs on the JVM after you set this parameter, you must reduce the figure again until you enter a size with which the JVM can run without errors.

Once you have successfully made these settings, if you now have a maximum memory usage of 256 MB, you can load files of around 70 MB to the project server.

Hope that helps you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to clear cache of browser...

if the problem is not resolved open java console and clear cache...

If problem still persists unload and install JAVA runtime again..

Niranjan

Award points if useful !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan

i did all that but I still have the same problem ( Cleared the cache ,uninstalled and installed Java again )

what next

pls do needful help