cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner-Tutorials / HowTos: JDBC + Web DynPro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear community members!

I'm going to make my diploma thesis about a dynpro application I will develop, but I still don't know the exact topic. So I want to get familiar with the terms used in SAP and play around a bit with the devstudio (7.1CESP3).

I already know some c#-programming and had (morte or less deep) java-lessons during my studies, so I have something (quite small, yes) to build on.

Since I'm completely new to the whole SAP-topic I need a lot of help and beginners tutorials. I already found a nice guide about a first dynpro-application (hello-world-like) which uses 2 views. I enter a username in the first one and by clicking on Go the second view is called and dynamically generated including the username from the first view.

So far so good. This works fine for me, I can deploy, learned some basics, got into Java again and so on.

In my next step I'd like to make a somewhat larger application, like employee-administration or a little librarian application. For this I need a place where I can store the data, e.g. employee name, address, employer-id and so on.

But after creating some views I realized that I have no idea about how I can permanently store data in my application.

I was told I couild + should use a simple database called HSQLDB, which I installed locally. I tested it using a simple Java-Application and it works.

When I search for JDBC + Dynpro here at SDN I find a lot information but they all seem to be for older SAP-versions or are more advanced.

1. How can I implement the funcionality in my DynPro-App? Is there a good tutorial on this?

2. How can I achieve that this database starts remotely on the SAP-AS? In my Java-Test-App I connected to localhost:port

3. Do I need extensive knowledge about using Beans? I don't have, but it seems I should.

4. a lot more questions will develop later...

That's it so far. I suppose if someone answers there will be a lot more questions.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi *

Thanks til now.

I realize I have a lot to read through before asking questions

This will take some time now, so I would say it's been answered

I suppose you will hear from me again - more or less soon, depending on my read speed and absorbing capacity

Greetings,

Michael

@Ayyapparaj:

the third link is dead!

here's the working one: (or look at the tutorial&guide-matrix, link in the third post/second reply)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/user-interface-tec...

Edited by: Michael Schler on Mar 11, 2008 1:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

regarding the last link to the Tutorial&Guide Matrix:

Do you think it is a good idea to start with the first link, "Context Programming and Data Binding", and working from top to bottom (as long as my timetable allows this...)?

I ask because exactly this first one says it's expert-level. just wondering...

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To start pl go through this https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-ui

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael Schler

Don't start with "Context Programming and Data Binding"

scroll down your mouse

after that all application link..

one application name will come is called"Creating Your First Web Dynpro Application"

start this above ....

Regards,

P.Manivannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi *

i already finished the "first dynpro application" and it works.

I suppose "Extended Web Dynpro Application" would be fine as my second tutorial?!

It's a pity that the site is somewhat unstructured. It seems very hard to find one or several step-by-step guides for total newbies. Looks like I need to buy a good book on that whole topic.

Can anyone recommend a (possibly) german SAP/NetWeaver/DynPro book?!

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inside Webdynpro for Java from SAP Press.

Hi,

we created two new tutorial pages, since the old one cannot be updated anymore...

Tutorials & Samples focussing on NetWeaver 7.0

Tutorials & Samples focussing on NetWeaver 2004

Additonally we started a new page for CE relevant information - currently just one tutorial, but we will grow

Web Dynpro Java in SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1

Always a good starting point for Web Dynpro Java is this page:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-wdjava

Here you find all links: to documentation, to related areas, to special topic pages and a lot more interesting stuff;-)

kind regards

Stefanie

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi *

I just wanted express my thank to you. your tips and procedures helped me a lot.

I just started the whole SAP-Java-Dev-Topic nearly two weeks ago and am now able to make an advanced WD-App on my own.

I also think it helped me a lot that all the tutorials are still for NW'04Java 1.4 (or so), so that working with the newest IDEJava6 requires some transition skills between written instruction and practical look&feel.

I expect we'll meet again since I'm going to write my diploma thesis about this stuff and I suppose I'll need help all over the time.

BEST regards

Michael